Thread: after login, Numlock does not stay ON on dell Optiplex

after login, Numlock does not stay ON on dell Optiplex

are you guys having some solutions in this case as I am with some issues concerning with the numlock. So has anybody ran into the issue of the numlock turning off after logging in? in addition , I would like to add here that the system is an Optiplex, is a member of a domain (Pro), as well as has SP-2 installed. In the bios the numlock is enabled and it does come on throughout the boot process along with some startup of Windows, but after the login, it will tend to turn off. I have made several attempts to enable it, then log off and I thought that this would save as a first choice, but it was not the case. can you assume some solutions in this case.

Re: after login, Numlock does not stay ON on dell Optiplex

I need to say that if you are concerned to this issue, you might check this as It is usually a BIOS setting, and you need to do a reboot then hit F2 when the DELL logo screen appears. You need to move to the BIOS segment, and you should discover a switch for numlock to be on at boot. And this could solve this issue.

If you have already enabled , I will make some more solutions as I need to inquire what type of keyboard do you have, is it a media style, or else have programmable keys? If so, then you need to open that program along with make sure for a numlock setting.so just make a trial for this one. And hope you could be solved with your issue.

I will provide some steps which will be useful in your case. you first of all need to
    • move in the Start and then Run and then type: regedit and hit OK afterwards. Move to:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Keyboard click on Keyboard as well as in the right pane, InitialKeyboardIndicators Value data must be 2 for Num Lock on.
    • as well:
    • HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard click on Keyboard in right pane,
    • InitialKeyboardIndicators Value date 2 for Num Lock on.

I had similar issues as you had and it was still turning off after the client logs in, but as found from some sources , it came to me that after you have made some changes in the registry, you need to restart the pc and your issue will be solved.

I have worked through this solution, and I think I may be the right person to solve it. So as I can see that there are many guys who have this issue and it has also came that after making the change in the registry they were not able to solve the issue further. You can try this solution. So to correct this issue, you need to press CTRL+ALT+DEL and select Logoff to log off. This process permanently saves the NumLock key state when you have logged off.So this might always help you.

To give more solutions , I have tried this one and did a registry search for all InitialKeyboardIndicators, and located it listed in several places. One of those was set to "0" so I just made a change of it to "2" and furthermore NumLock is at present remains on after signing in. and if you wish to search the registry, you need to hit "CTRL" and "F" simultaneously. afterwards you need to enter the phrase you are searching for. subsequent to finding every instance, you need to bring up search again, and hit enter to locate the next case, you will quickly locate all entries.