Thread: Is it possible to have multiple Apple TV connected and run them as multi-room audio system?

Is it possible to have multiple Apple TV connected and run them as multi-room audio system?

I really need to some advice, please help me out in letting know whether I can use multiple Apple TV devices connected to speakers and then use them as a multi-room audio system.

And if even if it is possible they how do I make the connection successfully and also how can I chose whether which apple tv device wants to stream the audio either from the computer or from an ipad or iphone?

Re: Is it possible to have multiple Apple TV connected and run them as multi-room audio system?

Even I want to know about it, very much desperate to know certain related things. Suppose if I have 2 Apple TVs; one in the media room and another in the bedroom then is it possible for me to stream both the Apple TVs using the same iTunes library at the same time. Once if I get the answer for this question I would surely go for getting multiple Apple TV; probably more than two I guess, but for that I need to know the answer for my doubts.

Re: Is it possible to have multiple Apple TV connected and run them as multi-room audio system?

It seems like apple manufacturers can surely go around with the multiple room wireless market were the fact is not that the NAC devices are not supported.
    If you see its partially balanced just because of Airplay but anyhow it would be really very much advantageous for those families who prefer to go for multi iPhones and ipods.If asked me I would personally prefer the idea of placing all the music backed up on a dedicated server. This helps us from not having a PC or a mac turn on everytime we want to listen or watch any music or video.

I do really appreciate your ideas but remember one thing that as much as you try to make it possible that much of question will be raised with this implementation. I already did try this thing but then I came up with huge number of questions going around in my mind.
    • Will it be possible to see different Apple TV devices receiving different audio content
    • Using a dedicated media server will it be possible to use media content
    • And most importantly is there any kind of dedicated controller available anywhere which can probably show us our media library and also which should be compatible with the Apple TV

Hey I am a completely new user of Apple TV and recently bought 3 new Apple TV2. But not yet proceeded with the connection. Just wondering whether I can stream each content individually from the similar iTunes library to all of these 3 devices at the same time?

The thing is that we are all 3 in total staying at my home, now generally I prefer to watch a specific videos whereas other two people have their own different preferences, is it possible for play everyone’s choice at the same time through same family iTunes library. Do I need to have 3 individual iTunes library?

Definitely you can go for streaming to multiple Apple TV's from the single iTunes library. The thing which you need to do is quit easily possible, you need not have to get any more individual iTunes libraries.

Let me tell you that you can easily control each Apple TV from one remote Application; you just have to go to the device and then select the Menu in order to swap TVs.

The first thing I need to clear is that it is actually possible to have multiple Apple TV devices with one in each room or as per your requirements.
    • Will it be possible to see different Apple TV devices receiving different audio content
    • Using a dedicated media server, will it be possible to access media content
    • And most importantly is there any kind of dedicated controller available anywhere which can probably show us our media library and also which should be compatible with the Apple TV
    For your first question I would like to say that yes it is possible to see different devices receiving diff audio content. For your second doubt; in order to feed your TV with media content, you need an instance of iTunes that need to run. And for the last question; there is only ipod touch, iphone, ipad or just a computer.

Not sure with other but i personally have found a wifi on my apple TV which is truly amazing. Till now I have not yet faced any such kind of issue like streaming video to two devices. I guess there are some user who had some issues with the same. Anyways I am currently using a time Capsule as my router. Also I guess other issues people have been facing is with max number of devices connected to one iTunes account.

Also I guess other issues people have been facing is with max number of devices connect ed to one iTunes account.
    As far as I am concerned, I am sure that there is so such restriction implemented by Apple for Apple TVs. Neither there are any limits with the max number of iPhones, iPods nor iPads that are associated with those computers. Let me tell you that maximum number of computers that you can probably access via single iTunes account is five.

My personal iTunes Account is actually authorized on five unique pcs.

I am quite surprised to see that Apple have not at all implemented any restrictions on the number of apple TVs that are used to link to a single iTunes account.
    Not yet successfully done, but even I am hoping to try multiroom system around Apple TV. The thing is that everything depends on me for connecting and linking all the apple TVs and further 2 to 4 airport express to the same iTunes account.

I would probably proceed with my plan only if am assured that there is no such restrictions or limits on the number of Apple TV connecting to a single account. Is there anyone who tried out more than 5 apple TV connection?

The thing is that everything depends on me for connecting and linking all the apple TVs and further 2 to 4 airport express to the same iTunes account.
    First of all let me clear certain things regarding Apple TV and Airport express. If suppose you are trying to stream audio and video you will need an Apple TV and if you need just audio then you might need an Airport express
    Is there anyone who tried out more than 5 apple TV connection?
    Yeah I have tried out connecting more than 5 apples TV. For your information, I connected more than 7 Apple TV to a single iTunes account which worked great and well. Also let me tell you that you need have to worry with the limit of number of devices, just go on with your own requirement and do the connection.