Thread: How do I get Sony NSZ-GT1 in New Zealand?

How do I get Sony NSZ-GT1 in New Zealand?

I have read a lot about this piece and am totally in love with this one. Any chance I get my hands on his one? I stay in New Zealand and have had a hard time finding this piece out here. Is there any site or shipping agency who can fetch it to me?

Re: How do I get Sony NSZ-GT1 in New Zealand?

There are number of online portals shipping to new zealand. Google, u'll get many!!!
    They do ship to New Zealand but the shipping price is too high for this item. And I have used their service and I’m very happy and satisfied with this. Trust me when I say it’s Excellent. But one thing you must consider is that it might not work in New Zealand.

Thanks dude that was indeed a good help. But as you mentioned they charge $US99 to ship to New Zealand. That’s too much!
    By the way, why did you suggest that it might not work in New Zealand? I am running Plex on my home server so I can use this as a Plex client to stream all my images/music to my TV. I am even able to use the web browser and YouTube apps. And if an Unblock-US account is set up I should also be able to access Netflix movies.

It will probably not work for quite a bit of Blu Ray. If you happen to buy it from the US, it will be a Zone A box, which will work only with Zone A blu rays (Which cannot be bought in US) and multi zone blu rays (which is hardly available). One thing to be remembered is that Sony is one of the unreliable companies when it comes to lock downs and DRM, I am not sure if this zoning can be changed.

Zone A is actually a problem, but one good thing is that most of the titles released in New Zealand is all zone so that is not an issue. And if it is, you can always buy titles from Amazon.com

I basically have a couple of BD players (one PS3 and an Oppo), I have only 2 titles that were region B only I couldn’t play. As for Netflix, that's easy enough to get around with either a VPN or Unblock-US.

I have the Logitech Revue which is a Google TV device also and I like it a lot. Of course there is no EPG integration and my TV signal is just from a FreevieHD box but for $79(US) it was cheap. But I can do basic control of the STB including channel changing and volume change (well it actually changes the volume on the AVR that's connected to it).