Thread: Unable to stream ipod or pandora with iPhone 4 on Apple TV

Unable to stream ipod or pandora with iPhone 4 on Apple TV

Can anyone help me out? I am not sure what exactly is causing this issue, but from past one week I am unable to use AirPlay in order get either my ipod music or Pandora to play on Apple TV using an iPhone 4.
    The thing is that AirPlay icon probably appears on both of the applications also I am able to select Apple TV option by tapping on AirPlay but unfortunately none them is appeared on my TV. Please hep me out.

Re: Unable to stream ipod or pandora with iPhone 4 on Apple TV

I far as I know if the application is unable to support Airplay, assume that you are completely helpless. The only thing you can do is to wait for the application to start supporting it.

I guess if you check out both the applications i.e. Pandora and iPod, you would find that the apple icon appeared at the extreme bottom right hand side. And in my case it however allows me to select Apple TV, so therefore I assume that both the apps do supports Airplay.

Generally all the applications do support Audio Airplay. Anyways i can listen to the Pandora radio app of my apple TV. If possible try to reboot your phone.

Having the same issue but strangely it seems like Airplay is being easily used with Youtube and the pictures on my iphone whereas only Pandora and iPod doesn’t works properly.
    Generally all the applications do support Audio Airplay. Anyways i can listen to the Pandora radio app of my apple TV. If possible try to reboot your phone.
    Rebooting the iPhone also do not make any difference, the issue still persist on my phone even after several reboot, not just this also tried rebooted Apple TV once which again didn’t work.

Later on I replaced the phone with my friend’s iPhone4 just to make sure that the issue has completely nothing to do with my phone, but as expected even my friend’s phone didn’t work properly. I am sure there is something to do with the settings which I am unable to make out. as already said youtube and iphone photos are properly able to be accessed by Airplay.

Head that currently video support is only limited to iPod and youtube and to some of the native video app on iPad. Once the update for apps is released, tools will be surely available with the developers but then it will be up to them whether they want to implement it or not.

Same issue, I don’t understand why it is happening now. Apple TV has never disappointed me, it always worked with Airplay from the day one onwards but certainly it’s failing now. First time I tried resetting the settings which made thing working proper but only for short time. Then I rebooted the Apple TV and once again it worked fine.

At last I realize that now I am up with a fix for this issue, I am always supposed to reboot Apple in order to fix the issue. I think it could be some network issue at least in my case rather than anything else. I would suggest you to check you the same, maybe this could be the same issue in your case too.

Recently I had a talk with Apple support regarding discussing the same issue. initially when I called them up the person who was on the other side first put on hold for some few minutes and then after a while he came up with the following thing, they told me that with the latest updates of the iphone software they have actually disabled the ability to stream music from the iphone and ipad to the Apple TV; only for generation 1st.

When I told them about my surprise they said that the disabled feature was already been announced to the entire Apple TV users.

I am not sure with this fix but hopefully it should play some trick. Why don’t you keep iTunes running on your network in order to discover your iPhone and make Airplay to run through Apple TV. Try this thing if possible.
    The only reason I gave you this suggestion is because I always prefer to keep iTunes running on my network and until now had never faced any issue with Airplay or anything related thing.

I don’t think that the issue has anything to do with running iTunes onto the network or something.

The most simple thing you could try out or you need to do is to keep the iPhone to have always wifi turned on and try to be on the same network as the Apple TV.
    And if you are at home sharing network from your iTunes library then definitely you need to have a personal computer on with the iTunes running along.