Thread: What resolution to expect when HTC One X is connected via. HDMI to TV?

What resolution to expect when HTC One X is connected via. HDMI to TV?

I am very eager to know what resolution will I get when I connect my phone to TC via hdmi port I know it has a tegra 3 processor I will get to see some amazing clarity. So if anyone has got hold of this phone and decided to do some testing with the phone to just check out the clarity then can you please tell me how was the experience? Well that’s what I want to know from you all. I hope I will get some information from that.

Re: What resolution to expect when HTC One X is connected via. HDMI to TV?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Chan View Post
    I am very eager to know what resolution will I get when I connect my phone to TC via hdmi port I know it has a tegra 3 processor I will get to see some amazing clarity. So if anyone has got hold of this phone and decided to do some testing with the phone to just check out the clarity then can you please tell me how was the experience? Well that’s what I want to know from you all. I hope I will get some information from that.
    In one of the articles that I have read the Media Link HD gives 1080p over 802.11n to any HDMI-equipped TV. Isn’t it great! One more thing you can also mirror games as well as videos, photos and music in it, wow! After reading that article I just felt in love with this phone. Now I definitely want to get this phone at any cost. Well if I could have got some demo videos of this phone playing on a Television screen then i would be surely selling off my desktop computer and instead getting this phone. That’s what I am planning to do.

Well you can get several hands on videos out there in youtube and you can check it out from there. One thing that I would like to remind you is that 1080p is only possible with the media link nonce of them have tested it using the local adapters and all. Say MHL adapter. If you look at the tegra 3 specifications then it mentions 1920x1080 via hdmi, however Wikipedia has another story to tell. Its output is 2560×1600.

If you check out the accessory stores of HTC then you will get to know that HTC media link for this phone is available at a price of 79 Euros. So if you look at the Indian price then it is available at a price of Rs.5362. so indeed expensive.

I think for browsing stuff it will only mirror the phone but it would have been much better if we could have used the phone as a track pad or the keyboard. The entire browser on the windows what say guys? If I am not wrong then asus people had earlier come up with such kind of concepts in their tablets but I don’t know if they have actually implemented them or not. do anyone of them have any kind of wild guesses to make on which tablet it was exactly?

If you all can remember then do post it down here.

Actually it was just a concept demo. Where you had a laptop dock and you need to put the phone where a track pad normally is. I don’t support this idea generally because I am quite sure that there would be an input lag when we compare it with the normal track pad. So I don’t think so the idea of using the phone as a trackpad would be actually possible.

That’s what my personal opinion is but you may never know which new phone or a tablet will come up with this technology.