Thread: How to unlock Nokia X2 01?

How to unlock Nokia X2 01?

I recently bought a new Nokia X2 01, I am really loving this handset except for one limitation. I have noticed that using this phone I can only get access to my service provider’s network from where I bought the phone.

When consulted other people they told me that the only solution to get rid of this limitation and use any mobile’s network service, I will have to unlock my phone. But now I am stuck with a question, how can I unlock my Nokia X2 01. Is there anyone who can me the steps for unlocking this device?

Re: How to unlock Nokia X2 01?

Follow the below steps:
    1. Switch on your device with no sim card inserted
    2. You need not have to worry with the displayed message
    3. Type #pw+CODE+1#
    4. Your device will now show the message "SIM Restriction Off"

Once the message is shown believe that your phone is unlocked and now you can use any network

There are certain things that are to be noted before your try to unlock your phone using the above given correct steps. The most important thing is that never take the unlock code casually, I mean to say that whenever you put the unlock code don’t just try out any random keywords in the field give.

Like passwords even mobile phones unlock code as acts the same. Once if you put a wrong unlock code for certain number of times in your handset definitely you mobile with get hard lock and most of the time it also becomes unusable which is quite dangerous as after that even the retailer becomes clueless with the issue. The code that you are supposed to enter is a unique unlock code for your Nokia X2 01

Hey there are many ways to get an unlock code for your phone. Already the unlock code for your device has been mentioned in the above steps, for the user having other model there are certain option to get the code. In order to get the unlock code for your device you need not have to go around searching here and there instead you can simply contact your service provider for it and if in case you failed to get the code from the service provider you can get it from online.

For my device I got the unlock code from mobileunlocksolutions site and got my device unlocked.

1. Switch on your device with no sim card inserted
    2. You need not have to worry with the displayed message
    3. Type #pw+CODE+1#
    If you check out the steps thoroughly, in step 3 there is a code mentioned that is to be typed in your unlock code field. Now in your handset especially with this Nokia X2 01 you need to type those codes in some unusual manner which I guess you maybe unaware of.
    • To display letter P you need to hit * button 3 times as fast as possible
    • Do the same with letter w but here you need to hit * button 4 times quickly
    • For + hit the same * button 2 time

I do agree with all the above steps, the unlocking technique mentioned above is completely same for your Nokia X2 01, this device is not at all subjected to alteration of software. These unique codes are actually made by the manufacturer who has predicted this kind of techniques for unlocking the mobile phones.

The idea of device locking is just an advantage only for the manufacturers and not for the customers but the best thing is that at least they think about their customers and therefore they come up with an unlocking technique. These unlock technique with however allow you to get the advantage of any other network.

The best thing of unlocking is that whenever you travel around out of your country you will be simply able to use this device on a network via your own country network or any other one.

And another advantage of using this kind of unlocked device is that you can these device can be used anywhere around the world without worry about the network which then however raises the value of the device.

For my device I got the unlock code from mobileunlocksolutions site and got my device unlocked.
    I am not sure with this mobileunlocksolutions site, do this site provide unlock codes for free? As far as I am concerned till now I have been visiting only unlock-free site for unlocking all of my mobile devices, this site provides unlock code for free.

You need to just enter the imei number of your mobile and get the unlock code instantly.

In order to get the unlock code for your device you need not have to go around searching here and there instead you can simply contact your service provider for it and if in case you failed to get the code from the service provider you can get it from online.
    I was one amongst them who was in need of unlocking code for my own cell phone. Therefore believe that the service providers simply provide the code without creating any issue I called them up but then when I asked them for the code they denied giving me the code. I still don’t have any idea why exactly they rejected my request.

But then one of my friends suggested me to again contact them and tell that I am leaving out to some other country for a long period of time and therefore for that reason I need the code to unlock the phone. Guess what? The next moment they gave me the unlock code which was quite surprising for me.

As per my knowledge, you can’t actually unlock the phone without getting a prior permission of the carrier.