Thread: Will HTC One X support USB mass storage?

Will HTC One X support USB mass storage?

I was thinking if this phone will be supporting the USB mass storage for transferring of files from PC to the phone and vice versa. Since this phone does not have any sd card slot in the phone that’s why I was thinking it should support at least this feature in the phone. So that’s what I was wondering. Anyone having any information if this particular feature is there or not in the phone then please share it with me as soon as possible that would be great for me. I am planning to get this phone as soon as it comes out in the market. So these are some of the details that I need to know about. Please clarify.

unsure Re: Will HTC One X support USB mass storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Prem-Din View Post
    I was thinking if this phone will be supporting the USB mass storage for transferring of files from PC to the phone and vice versa. Since this phone does not have any sd card slot in the phone that’s why I was thinking it should support at least this feature in the phone. So that’s what I was wondering. Anyone having any information if this particular feature is there or not in the phone then please share it with me as soon as possible that would be great for me. I am planning to get this phone as soon as it comes out in the market. So these are some of the details that I need to know about. Please clarify.
    I cant tell you much about it since the phone is not out. Well I have a sensation xl. Like One x it had a internal storage and not a sd card. so when connecting to the system the phone showed up as SD card and transferring files from the phone to the system and vice versa was not a problem at all. So the same would be the case over here as well. That’s what I think.

Re: Will HTC One X support USB mass storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Björn View Post
    I cant tell you much about it since the phone is not out. Well I have a sensation xl. Like One x it had a internal storage and not a sd card. so when connecting to the system the phone showed up as SD card and transferring files from the phone to the system and vice versa was not a problem at all. So the same would be the case over here as well. That’s what I think.
    No dude your sensation XL was running on a different operating system and One x runs on a ICS. So I think there would be some difference in them. Well we have to wait and watch whether this phone will be supporting or not the usb mass storage. Since if you look at galaxy nexus then it does not support usb mass storage. Now this would ring an alarm bell among all of us because Galaxy nexus runs on a ICS. So that’s what worrying me a lot, the same should turn out for the HTC One X as well.

cool Re: Will HTC One X support USB mass storage?

MTP i.e. Media Transfer Protocol is used to deal with the transfer of files in this phone. Google has said good bye to the usb mass storage option in ICS and rather introduced a new way of storage system which is known as MTP. The change was introduced I honeycomb and now it is being continued in the ICS as well. well we can easily transfer files to and fro from the phone to the system but the way in which we transfer in MTP is slightly different. So you don’t have to worry anything about the storage options in this phone. Google people have ensured that you get sufficient memory for storage.

Quote Originally Posted by DoLar View Post
    MTP i.e. Media Transfer Protocol is used to deal with the transfer of files in this phone. Google has said good bye to the usb mass storage option in ICS and rather introduced a new way of storage system which is known as MTP. The change was introduced I honeycomb and now it is being continued in the ICS as well. well we can easily transfer files to and fro from the phone to the system but the way in which we transfer in MTP is slightly different. So you don’t have to worry anything about the storage options in this phone. Google people have ensured that you get sufficient memory for storage.
    I am not understanding what would be the benefit of having the MTP . Well this is something new to me and I haven’t heard much of it. so that’s why if you can tell me something about it then it would be great for me to have a look at. So do reply on the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BluFFMast.ER View Post
    I am not understanding what would be the benefit of having the MTP . Well this is something new to me and I haven’t heard much of it. so that’s why if you can tell me something about it then it would be great for me to have a look at. So do reply on the same.
    As the above user said MTP is Media Transfer Protocol. Which will allow you to store files to and fro from the system. Now if you are asking me which one is better the ,MTP one or the usb mass storage one? Then I would say MTP is definitely the better of the two. MTP is very much useful especially for the devices having good internal memory. There would be no partition inside the phone dedicating one part of the memory to the internal memory and the other part to the USB mass storage. In fact all of them would be under one roof i.e. there would be only one memory and nothing else. You don’t have to worry about how much memory is assigned to the usb mass storage and how much for the internal and all. Whatever files you want to save it will get stored in the same partition as where applications are stored. Also one more benefit of MTP is that the media storage no longer needs to be unmounted from Android when accessed through the PC.

Well if it is having one unified partition then don’t you all think it can give problems during the flashing of the custom roms? I am definitely sure there should be some workarounds by the HTC people for this. hope it comes out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikshana View Post
    Well if it is having one unified partition then don’t you all think it can give problems during the flashing of the custom roms? I am definitely sure there should be some workarounds by the HTC people for this. hope it comes out soon.
    I am quite sure it will have some sd card partition in it. the manufacturers just advertise that their phone has a 32 GB internal memory I fact we get to use only 28 or 30GB of it. If they are keeping a partition that’s ok but it is very important for them to let the users know how much they can consume up the memory.

So that’s the thing. I hope that’s clear for you.