Thread: Best Antivirus for Nokia 5233

Best Antivirus for Nokia 5233

Hello friends, I am having the Nokia 5233. From some of the days, my phone becomes slow and after formatting the phone it comes to normal processing for some days. I know the reason for this, it is because I exchange files via Bluetooth and PC connections frequently and that leads to virus infection on my phone memory. I really need some protection software for this. Can somebody over here recommend me any Antivirus for Nokia 5233. Please reply.

Re: Best Antivirus for Nokia 5233

I would like to tell you that your phone is running Symbian S60 V5 operating system and there are a lot of Antivirus software supported for your phone. Just look into the OVI store and see in the application category. You will get antivirus software there. Some of them are free and some of them are paid and also trial is available. Just download the one according to your choice. My recommendation to you is to download the Kaspersky. This is the best option for you according to me.

Here is the list of the Antivirus software for symbian S60V5. You can download any of them as all lof these are supported with your phone.
    • KASPERSKY ANTIVIRUS FINAL
    • ESET mobile Antivirus
    • Trend micro antivirus
    • F-Secure Antivirus 3.20
    • netqin antivirus 4.0

I am using the NetQin Mobile Anti-Virus and that is working best for me. NetQin Mobile Anti-Virus provides comprehensive protection against viruses, spyware and malware. The low-power operation in the background allows you to surf the Internet and download applications without worrying about an attack from viruses.

Pros
    • It is very easy to use
    • Useful in case of theft
    • Backup contacts

Cons
    • The updates are not free

I also agree that the Netqin Mobile security is the best security software among all the listed one. Here are some of the best feature of this listed:
    • Virus protection
    • Cross-platform contact backup
    • Anti-lost phone protection
    • Anti-eavesdropping features to prevent privacy leakage

Whenever you are connecting your phone then make sure that you have connected in the Nokia PC suite mode. This is the safe mode to data transmission. But for this, you must have the Nokia PC suite installed on your computer, so first install that on your computer and then connect the phone with the PC. This will at least lower the thread transmission over PC connection. Other than this, to increase the processing of the phone, you must upgrade your phone software to the latest version. It is very essential to run your phone smoothly.

Use any of the antivirus but never go for the ESET mobile Antivirus. I am telling this because many of the time it deletes some of the files without asking for the confirmation and you might lost some of your essential data.

!Successful! Guest

netqin antivirus will be the best to use with the phone. I am using the same from a long time and never faced problem with this. But the most important thing to keep in mind is to keep the database updated.