Thread: Is it possible to copy 4GB+ files to HTC One X?

Is it possible to copy 4GB+ files to HTC One X?

I am just wondering as if how we can copy files which are more than 4GB in size. Now the main reason I am asking this question is because this phone is not supporting sd card and also it does not have a slot as well. Internal SD partition doesn't support files bigger than 4Gb then how will it copy a file which is more than 4GB in size that’s what my question is for you all. I hope you will have some replies for the same and I am sure you will help me out with the same that’s what I am asking.

Waiting for the replies from you all.

unsure Re: Is it possible to copy 4GB+ files to HTC One X?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    I am just wondering as if how we can copy files which are more than 4GB in size. Now the main reason I am asking this question is because this phone is not supporting sd card and also it does not have a slot as well. Internal SD partition doesn't support files bigger than 4Gb then how will it copy a file which is more than 4GB in size that’s what my question is for you all. I hope you will have some replies for the same and I am sure you will help me out with the same that’s what I am asking.

Waiting for the replies from you all.
    I don’t know if I am right or wrong over here but I suppose the internal 32gb partition will come with ntfs. Well this is my wild guess rest I don’t know.

Re: Is it possible to copy 4GB+ files to HTC One X?

Copying it from a usb host to the phone. that would be the safe and the simple idea to transfer the data that we want in the phone. I think so that would be the ideal solution for it. I don’t know if it is correct or not. anyways give a try for the same.

As far as I know HTC One X does not support the usb host feature at all. So what I can say is that it would be difficult to transfer the data through it, right?

Now the phone not supporting the usb host is just the rumored information that I got from some of my friends, don’t know if it holds any truth or not.

I think all Ice cream sandwich phones will be supporting usb hosts in their devices. In case if they don’t then there should be a support for an accessory that will plug a sd card adapter. I think HTC will be doing some way or the for the transfer of files. I hope that’s clear for you all.

If you have any other doubts then you can mail on this question to the HTC customer support and ask them your doubts or call on their support number. I am sure your questions will be answered out. So that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawiza View Post
    Copying it from a usb host to the phone. that would be the safe and the simple idea to transfer the data that we want in the phone. I think so that would be the ideal solution for it. I don’t know if it is correct or not. anyways give a try for the same.
    I agree to what this guy is saying here. he is absolutely correct on this. when a phone is connected to the PC or a system then you can’t transfer files which are greater than 4GB from the system to the phone. yes it won’t allow. When USB Storage Device is connected to the phone with the help of USB Host then you can certainly transfer files that are bigger than 4GB to the phone. well for this to be possible we should hope that the internal memory of the phone does not turn out to be FAT32. Simply because there is a limitation in the sd card for transferring more than 4GB files to the sd card and the only reason behind the limitation is the card being formated with FAT32.

Well you can’t predict in that. You can’t say if the internal memory is FAT32 supported or not. The reason behind the phone not supporting the 4GB+ data would be that the phone itself cannot support so much amount of data. so the reasons can be various things. You may never know.

So what’s the internal memory exactly like? fat32,ntfs or ext? I would be happy if somebody over here would throw some light on that then I would be getting to know what exactly the scenario is.

I don’t have any knowledge on these 3 data types. Better if you can throw some information on that.

I am praying that the internal memory of the phone should be ext4 and if it turns out to be then there would be no problem with the storage of the phone at all. That’s what the bonus thing would be in the phone. I hope you must be knowing what are the benefits of having an ext4 extension if not then let me tell you ext4 extension can support data of 1 exbibyte (EiB) and also supports file sizes up to 16 tebibytes. So imagine the capacity. So pray that internal memory turns out to be ext4 for HTC one x.

If the reason for wanting large file support is to play hd movies i can recommend BSPlayer. It can play files in splitted rar archives.