Thread: Even after updating Atheros AR5007 wireless card, unable to connect with Linksys e2500 router

Even after updating Atheros AR5007 wireless card, unable to connect with Linksys e2500 router

I have an HP Pavilion Laptop which is running windows vista from past 5 years with an Atheros AR5007 wireless card. Recently bought a new Linksys e2500 router at my place but seems like the router is not compatible with the network card I am owing.
    However my laptop would connect to the accesspoint and also it is completely fails to connect to anything including the router. Believing that the issue might be due to the old devices getting defected in my system, I simply upgraded the driver card with the latest one but still that didn’t make any difference. What could be the issue, is there anyone who is familiar with it.

re: Even after updating Atheros AR5007 wireless card, unable to connect with Linksys e2500 router

Seems like the issue is with the router and not with the adapter card. I too had the same issue with the connection but then when I upgraded the router with the latest firmware version still faced the same issue. For you information let me tell you that the issue also with my old N router e2000.

The only solution I found till now is returning the product and buys a new Netgear or Belkin.

re: Even after updating Atheros AR5007 wireless card, unable to connect with Linksys e2500 router

I do not understand why don’t cisco and Atheros sort out their product’s compatibility issue and go around properly. Also I would like to know why Atheros always fails to update their useless adapter card. You know I am forced to run my N router at G speed just because the Atheros is creating some of the other issue if run my router with some other speed.

I am currently running Atheros 9285 on my Samsung R580. I am literally in a position of replacing this network card but the only reason which is stopping me from doing so is whether other card will be able to connect in this laptop. Already tried older versions, and new versions of the 9285 driver and also I tried using it in G mode with a WPA instead of WPA2 and works fine.

I recently installed my Linksys e2500 dual band wireless router, now the thing is that I had my logon name and password already stored on the list in my machine as I am the only one who access my system. but now my system has been infected with virus due to which the authentication list was lost.

At present I wanted to set a new username and a password so that I can able to get connected to the wireless again. Till now I have tried out all the possible tricks but nothing of them worked, also checked out the Linksys and cisco sites but none of them mentioned anything about the required thing. Interesting thing is that Cisco connect do not show me anything else accept for a box in which I am supposed to add the username and password, at least it should have an option of asking regarding the account settings.

Hey I do have the same problem, first I tried all the possible straight ways to sort out the issue but then later on I was left with no other option but to use my neighbor’s connection settings using my own router.

He actually has a cable internet connection using the E2500 router but now has a satellite. While doing the thing, he was unable to get his SSID password so therefore he reset his own router. Then somehow I managed to log into the admin page of the router and tried to set the new passcode but none of the combination of the username and passwords matched or worked. Later on when tried admin/admin everything worked fine, now even I can access my very own connection with the help of his settings, I know that seems quite strange but I did it.