Thread: Are Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC supported in HTC One X?

Are Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC supported in HTC One X?

Hello everyone. I got to hear some great things about the Bluetooth 4.0 features like paring heart-rate sports gear without battery draining. It also has the low energy functionality. Now I want to know if the Bluetooth 4.0 is supported in the One X or not? that’s what I am wondering. So do anyone have any idea whether the Bluetooth 4.0 is supported in this phone or not, that’s what I am wondering. I hope you all would be having some idea about it. one more thing I forgot to mention is the NFC implementation. If the NFC is implemented or not in those phone that’s what I want to know from you all.

Re: Are Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC supported in HTC One X?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Chan View Post
    Hello everyone. I got to hear some great things about the Bluetooth 4.0 features like paring heart-rate sports gear without battery draining. It also has the low energy functionality. Now I want to know if the Bluetooth 4.0 is supported in the One X or not? that’s what I am wondering. So do anyone have any idea whether the Bluetooth 4.0 is supported in this phone or not, that’s what I am wondering. I hope you all would be having some idea about it. one more thing I forgot to mention is the NFC implementation. If the NFC is implemented or not in those phone that’s what I want to know from you all.
    Bluetooth 4.0 definitely no it seems. Because their support hasn’t been tested yet in any of the OS. So that’s why introducing Bluetooth 4.0 in any of the new phones does not seem to be possible at all. As far as NFC is concerned I haven’t heard anywhere that NFC would be supported in this device. I have also watched some of the videos showing some features of this phone and it does not come up in the settings.

Many a times it has been observed that today’s operating system does lack the support for the new Bluetooth features. One of my friend recently asked me when we were debating on this topic. He told me that HTC one x would be a energy friendly phone and Bluetooth 4.0 will work only on those phones which are EF. So that’s why it is very easy to say that One X would be getting the Bluetooth 4 support. The only thing that would be bothering are the drivers from nVidia only that should be updated and I interrupted him saying that it is not always the question of drivers but seeing that if the OS i.e. android 4.0 for One X is supporting it or not. That’s what the thing is. I hope you all did got to know what I am trying to say here.

I have read in one of the articles which said that Android 4.0 platform won’t be supporting the Bluetooth 4.0 feature in it. rest others like Windows phone 8 and iOS 5 are planning to support it.