Thread: SLCD2 or Super AmoLED HD for HTC One X?

SLCD2 or Super AmoLED HD for HTC One X?

I have given a pre order for this phone and I am just wondering whether what would be the screen for this phone? would it be the SLCD 2 or the Super AmoLED so that’s what made me think what can be the screen quality of the phone? whether this is the SLCD2 or the amoled screens. Well I did like the screen quality of the phone that’s what made me think if it is the SLCD 2 or the amoled screens? So what are your responses for the same. I am waiting for the replies from you all, that’s my question for you all.

Re: SLCD2 or Super AmoLED HD for HTC One X?

Quote Originally Posted by EdEddNEddy View Post
    I have given a pre order for this phone and I am just wondering whether what would be the screen for this phone? would it be the SLCD 2 or the Super AmoLED so that’s what made me think what can be the screen quality of the phone? whether this is the SLCD2 or the amoled screens. Well I did like the screen quality of the phone that’s what made me think if it is the SLCD 2 or the amoled screens? So what are your responses for the same. I am waiting for the replies from you all, that’s my question for you all.
    In one of the reviews I have seen that the phone has a 720P SLCD2 screen. So what I can say is that the screen would be having that screen. Well nothing much has been revealed about the same we should rather wait for the phone to come out in the public and show it to the people how is the phone exactly. So that’s what I am saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Max-well} View Post
    In one of the reviews I have seen that the phone has a 720P SLCD2 screen. So what I can say is that the screen would be having that screen. Well nothing much has been revealed about the same we should rather wait for the phone to come out in the public and show it to the people how is the phone exactly. So that’s what I am saying here.
    I don’t understand how can people make some reviews even if the phone is not out completely. Well I would say don’t believe the stupid rumors that’s going out in the form of reviews because they tend to be wrong sometimes. As the above user said wait for the official release of the phone and the results will be out in front of you all, that’s all I can say here.

Hope that was clear for you all.

Right now it’s only LCD and not the super amoled screen. LCD is running quite well in the market simply because of the best battery life it gives and also the ultra resolution it has got is quite good. So that’s what I want to say here. I don’t think so amoled would be approved for this phone because the phone has a sealable battery and plus amoled screens consumers a lot amount of battery. Plus very pricey though it has amazing viewing angles and also the resolution but as of now it is not included in this phone. you may never know the manufacturers can think of adding it in the near future. That’s what I want to say here. I hope that’s clear for you, that’s it from my side for you.

I love super amoled screens and I would love to see that in my HTC One. AMOled screens are much durable than the LCD and also the clarity is much better. So I would like to see amoled screen in it. many of my friends have said that it would be a LCD one but don’t know lets see what happens?

YES! HTC is going ahead with the SLCD2 only but they have said they are making some changes in it and they are thinking about improving the contrasting levels and also the viewing angles to make an experience similar like the amoled one. Don’t you all think it’s a great thing to have it, what do you all say guys?

I am happy with the standard lcd screen that they would be offering and why not? I have seen tremendous amount of videos in the internet regarding the same and the screen brightness and angles do look perfect. Super amoled does have some artificial colors which makes the screen much more bright, I really hate that and it makes the viewing quite difficult.

So for me its completely ok if the manufacturers have decided to go with the LCD screens. It’s the battery saver and I am happy with the brightness and sharpness in it. so why should I look out for something else?