Thread: Entering owner password in to Western Digital My Book Live is not allowing to access dashboard

Entering owner password in to Western Digital My Book Live is not allowing to access dashboard

I have bought Western Digital My Book Live which is second handed and the owner had given me the password as well but then even when I am entering the owner password I am not able to access the dashboard as it drags back me to the UI page after entering the password, I don’t think that the password key is invalid and so and I am not getting the same error message as well, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who can help me out here???

Re: Entering owner password in to Western Digital My Book Live is not allowing to access dashboard

I have bought Western Digital My Book Live which is second handed and the owner had given me the password as well but then even when I am entering the owner password I am not able to access the dashboard as it drags back me to the UI page after entering the password, I don’t think that the password key is invalid and so and I am not getting the same error message as well, I don’t know what is the issue all about, is there anyone who can help me out here???
    I am not very sure but then you can try resetting the MBL and see if it is making any difference, if you have not tried out the same then try it out. Other than this I also wanted to know that which web browser you are using??? Are you having access to the Public folder?. You can try out using a different web browser as well, just check out these things and then post back the result that you get for the same for further help.

Re: Entering owner password in to Western Digital My Book Live is not allowing to access dashboard

I have tried resetting the MBL but then I am getting a blank page, as far as the browser is concerned I have tried using the below ones:
    1. Internet explorer
    2. Chrome 17
    3. Firefox 10

I have got the same response for all the browsers, I have checked out for the "Public" folder and I am having access to the same as well, I don’t know what’s wrong, is there anything I can try out???

I have been facing the same issue, I am quite sure that I am entering the right password but then I don’t know why the login page is getting reloaded and keep asking for the password again and again, I have tried doing the same a no of times and I am still getting the same response, I have tried resetting the MBL several times as well and using different browser but then no matter what I have tried so far the issue is till there, if anyone has an effective solution for this then please post it here, it will be very helpful, Thanks in advance.

By now I have tried doing the below things by now:
    • Using Internet explorer, Chrome 17, Firefox 10
    • Resetting MBL more than 5 times
    • Having the latest firmware

Some people had suggested not to try out updating the firmware saying that it will brick the UI but then it did not,I had updated the firmware before running in to this issue,anyways I have not yet found a solution for the same, I have been wandering to some other forums as well but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue but then there was not a single solution to help out me with this issue??? Is there any other solution that we can try out for solving this issue???

I am suffering the same and I have tried out all the solution that has been mentioned above and I had contacted the tech support as well and after going through a no of similar trouble shooting they were not able to help, they just said that will look in to the same and will contact me with a solution, when I forced them for a solution sooner addressing the latest firmware is not helping as well then they just said that I can claim for an replacement and that’s it. I am really running out of ideas and I am keeping the replacement option as my lat option, till then if anyone one can help me with some workaround then it will be highly appreciable.

I think that you might not be having the latest firmware, anyways I have checked out for the same and I have found that they have came up with Firmware Release 2.10.12 - 129 (3/14/2012) which is the latest one and the following issues are said to be covered:
    1. Dashboard not appearing after power cycle
    2. Dashboard user interface not appearing after entering the device name in URL
    3. Long boot times when there is no Internet access for the device
    4. Just try out the above firmware and then let me know if it is solving out the issue or not.

In that case I just wanted to know that how will one update the firmware when we are not able to access the dashboard itself?? I mean that is there any other way by which one can install the latest firmware???? I don’t think that it is there. Any further help for this will be highly appreciated.