Thread: Getting error 1244 when trying to access Western Digital My Book Live remotely

Getting error 1244 when trying to access Western Digital My Book Live remotely

I am having a Western Digital My Book Live and as I have mentioned in the title itself I am not able to access the same remotely, I mean that when I am signing in to the wd2go site then after acknowledging that these is some issue with the website's certificate, I am getting the above error code when I am trying to launch the "open in explorer" option, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Getting error 1244 when trying to access Western Digital My Book Live remotely

I am having a Western Digital My Book Live and as I have mentioned in the title itself I am not able to access the same remotely, I mean that when I am signing in to the wd2go site then after acknowledging that these is some issue with the website's certificate, I am getting the above error code when I am trying to launch the "open in explorer" option, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???
    In that case can you just mention the complete error that you are receiving so that I can understand your issue more clearly and try to help you with it as well, just make a note of it and post it here or if possible then post a screen shot of the same for further help, other things I wanted to know is that have you tried out other web browser to check if it is making any difference, if not then try that out as well.

Re: Getting error 1244 when trying to access Western Digital My Book Live remotely

Below is the error that I am getting:

I have tried using different browser as well and I am getting the same response, I really don’t know what the issue is all about, is there anything that I have to check out or perform???

I am facing the same error and it appears as if it is due to some sort of certificate error, I mean that I have tried accessing it remotely from other computer and the certificate is getting accepted as well but then I don’t know why it is staying untrusted, I have tried importing the certificate to the trusted root store as well but then it is not making any difference, this is the certificate error that I have came across:

You both can check out the solution that has been mentioned below and see if it is making any difference in your case or not, just make sure that you are following the steps as they are not missing any:
    • Start>Start Search? Enter “mmc” without quote and then hit ENTER after that On the File menu just click on “Add/Remove Snap-in” and then Under “Available snap-ins” just click on”Certificates” and then on Add.
    • Now Under the “This snap-in will always manage certificates for” just click on “Computer account” and then on Next, after that proceed by clicking on “Local computer” and then on Finish
    • When you are done adding “snap-ins” the console and then click on OK and then double-click on Certificates in the console tree
    • Now just Right-click on “Trusted Root Certification Authorities store”
    • After that click on Import for importing the certificates and then follow the further steps.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried out the above solution and it is not working out for me, I have found that I am not getting the same error message when I am using admin, the issue is with other user account. I have also tried using MBL for the shared parts while using other usernames as admin, this makes me think that there is no issue with the other usernames as admin but then it seems to be with shares having different username, is there anything I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

If your certificate is not getting accepted then you can check out your certificates by following the below solution:
    • First enter mmc into the start menu and when you get the new window opened then select add/remove snap-in' option which will be under the file menu and then click on add 'certificates' to the snap-in.
    • When you are done with the same then select 'my user account' and then make sure that there is 'trusted root certificates' selected in the navigation tree and also check out for 'remotewd.com' certificate in the issued to' column.
    • If you don’t find out the same then repeat the process and this time just add snap-in for 'computer account' and not for the my user account'.

Just try out the same and see if it is helping.