Thread: How to reset Plantronics Explorer 230

How to reset Plantronics Explorer 230

Hello friends, I have purchased the Plantronics Explorer 230 long time back and it was not working with the older phone of mine. I was not using at all, it was been kept in aside. Recently started to use it with my new phone then it was working well with it, I was able to talk on it, but after one call it does not work and did not turn on. I have out it on charging, it was showing me red light for 30 minutes then after then after it was not showing me the light. Then also it is not working. I really do not knowing that what should I do, also is there any method to reset so that it will be start working again. Please help me. Thank you.

Re: How to reset Plantronics Explorer 230

I was trying to find the method to do it, but was not able to get it for me, so I have tried my own method. Open the headset with wedging the cutting edge of a pocket knife and then gone gentle with the prying, did it gradually and was going around till the time 2 sides come apart. If you are trying to do it then is careful that you do not sever the mic and speaker wires then founded the battery of the phone, connected the red and black wire to circuit board and use the knife's edge to make a short circuit between both the wires, it was easy done on the solder side of the board. When tried this then it cause the reset and headset was starting working.

I was able to get the two halves apart, but got stuck with the circuit board and I am finding it to be the firmly set in the back casing and I am not able to access the battery or anything which is there on the board. Did you have the same problem, which I am getting it? Please help me.

I would suggest that you better try to it gently. Well the board is been fitted in the enclosure. It is been the centered in place by 2 plastic prongs which fits in holes in the board, I would say that you better start at end with usb connector, when you will be doing than you will peel back some of the wrapping around the edges. If you are having utility blade then you can try shorting the wires on the battery side, which are very much near to the edge of the board. Just slip in the blade gently below the wires insulation along the circuit board; just do short circuit for some seconds. When done with it then powers it on, if it is already on then put it back together.

I was able to reach till the board and get it off with the little prying and also find the + and - nodes on the circuit board. To do the shorting I was using the metal piece but nothing happen. It is not starting it. Well the tiny blue LED was on the board is illuminated, which is the indication that the board is getting the power from the battery. When I am doing the short then light goes out.

You are doing it properly, but when you are trying the shorting then I would suggest that you better short the board for 5 seconds, then after that leave it and try to turn it on.

I was not happy with this headset and it was been disappointed with it. most of the time red light would not go off, I have try to charge it then also it was not going and would say that it was the worst thing to do it. I feel that the bluetooth is mildly defective. Before trying the method let Bluetooth totally run out of power. When it is dead then recharged it then it will surely work. I have done the same thing and it was working as brand new one and was very much comfortable with it.

This is the common problem with the Plantronics Explorer 230, you are not the only one who is getting the problem, there are plenty of the users who are getting the problem.

It has not worked for the first time, and then I have plugged it into charger for just a few seconds; saw the red light which is of the charging it was flashing only, unusual for the reason that it usually comes on steady during the time of the charging. Took it off and lo & behold, it turned on by itself. Turned the headset off & on, it's back to normal.

Hey Thanks alot guys I got mine working again