Thread: AT&T Network does not provide date and time info for Samsung Galaxy Note 1717

AT&T Network does not provide date and time info for Samsung Galaxy Note 1717

My Galaxy note showing me repeated pop up messages saying “Network does not provide date and time information; you have to go to the date and time settings to change it”. I didn’t see this issue with other AT&T phones. So I think that the issue is with this phone only. So there is no date and time update from the network provider side to this phone. It is truly bad. Let it be. Is there any work around to update the date and time automatically

Re: AT&T Network does not provide date and time info for Samsung Galaxy Note 1717

As an alternative, you should install the ClockSync. This app is available on android market and can be downloaded for free. This app syncs via NTP. The sync can be configurable and make it sync only while awake or booting up. This app will provide timezone offset via database or GPS. I have been using it and work well with my pone. Even you can turn off the network data and time sync with this app. So using this, the clock will be accurate for time.

Re: AT&T Network does not provide date and time info for Samsung Galaxy Note 1717

Some apps I have in my opinion, too many privileges. To edit, I have ran in the APK file on the memory card, and the time is now behind battery. Access over the phone to the memory card would go, but editing the permissions are denied to me in this way.

As far as I know that there are lots of sync app. For example contacts, calendar, GApps, FB, etc. I don’t think that any of them rely on the time stamp. Sometimes the app will change the data depending the time stamp it gets. So you should always make sure that clock will not change continuously. So better to turn off the date and time sync with the network.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    As far as I know that there are lots of sync app. For example contacts, calendar, GApps, FB, etc. I don’t think that any of them rely on the time stamp. Sometimes the app will change the data depending the time stamp it gets. So you should always make sure that clock will not change continuously. So better to turn off the date and time sync with the network.
    Your answer has nothing to do with the question. The question is not whether a mobile phone to the Gregorian calendar including country-specific controls DST rules, but if a phone after the disconnected power supply to the Real Time Clock was thereafter also the initial time obtained from the new network.

For phones with a removable battery and no buffering (or insufficient buffering) or without separate Lithium battery does provide support to this problem. Depending on Model time resets immediately after removing the battery or at least if you take out the battery off for x minutes / hours. At this moment, the time must be reconfigured manually, or via the GSM / UMTS network (or other sources, such as GPS receiver or NTP server node).

I don’t think that the network provider has disabled this feature. This service is active over the network and available for all phone over that network. No matter whether it is android phone, Nokia, iphone or something else. The date and time update feature works somewhat similar in all phones. It simply sync with network provider server and updates the phone depending on the region. If it is not working then assume that it is bug in the firmware which will need a quick fix.

Well maybe depends on the area where you are, because here my phone erases the time and date every time when I take the battery and is not updated automatically even though I have it configured to do so, for that I have to manually select the T-Mobile or AT & T USA and so if it detects any of them is updated to correct time.