Thread: How to use Samsung Galaxy Note 1717 as Desktop computer

How to use Samsung Galaxy Note 1717 as Desktop computer

I have seen several threads about the several Android smartphone as well as other smartphone where they have connected the phone to some kind of docking station. The dock is then connected to monitor, keyboard and mouse. Like this way you can use your mobile as computer. You will get somewhat similar display on monitor without any lack of resolution and clarity because the monitor is connected via HDMI. Right now I am using the Galaxy note and I also want to use my phone as a computer in rare situation. It would help me to make some works easier. Not sure how to do it.

Re: How to use Samsung Galaxy Note 1717 as Desktop computer

As far as I know that the Blackberry already out with such a dock for its smartphone so that users can use the phone as computer by connecting to a large monitor and keyboard. This will make task easier. Unluckily there is no official Dock station or somewhat similar device for Android smartphone. However if you can get a third party one, then you can try those.

While the Motorola Atrix and also for the RAZR offers a docking station that turns the smartphone into a small netbook, there are other possibilities. The Galaxy Nexus can with the help of a MHL adapter, a monitor with HDMI output and Bluetooth keyboard and mouse to turn it into a computer.

I have managed to get my hands on one of the first Samsung Galaxy Note, however, still not final firmware. I analyzed by running Quadrant, one of the benchmarking software for Android. The results are truly excellent. The Galaxy Note is the missing link between smartphone and tablet; because it makes everything a smartphone can do and has many of the characteristics of the tablet, especially with the screen size (5.3 inches with resolution of 800 x 1280 points and Super AMOLED technology). So it is truly capable to do anything more than smartphone and Tablet.

YouTube User qantrell shows a video of how he joined his Galaxy Nexus to a monitor and keyboard and mouse connected. Thus, the smartphone to a PC replacement, at least sufficient for many. The performance does not approach a full-fledged PC, but really only one who writes emails, texts written, surfs the Internet, listening to music, etc., sufficient for it out completely.

The keyboard makes typing a lot, of course, that's much more convenient than the touch screen of your smartphone. And with the mouse can scroll easily through the home screens and menu of the Galaxy Nexus.

The Smartphone as a PC replacement? Quite possible. This is not like the PC industry, of course. For users, it is a great thing. Whether you want to give up entirely in the future, the PC is of course questionable. But as a short-term replacement if the computer has given up the ghost, or for repair, the smartphone is definitely a not too bad alternative, especially once the necessary peripheral devices has lying around in most cases already at home.