Thread: Error message "This App is Incompatible With This iPod touch" while downloading steam app

Error message "This App is Incompatible With This iPod touch" while downloading steam app

this is really very frustrating I am trying to download the steam app for my iPod touch and it is giving me this annoying message which read as “This App is Incompatible With This iPod touch". So does that mean that steam is no more supporting the iDevice or my phone is not able to recognize the format . i looked everywhere but was not able to find anything on this issue . really steam which iPod touch I would need to get this app . is there anyone here can help me on this issue , is it only me or anyone else have this same issue I will be really glad .

Re: Error message "This App is Incompatible With This iPod touch" while downloading steam app

Don’t know if I am correct but I am guessing that it will be only working with the iPod that running with the most updated iOS and that limit it to the iPod Touch Gen 3+. Hey but I may be wrong here

Re: Error message "This App is Incompatible With This iPod touch" while downloading steam app

This is indeed very irritating , and the fact that the valve has already stated above a month or two that they have submitted the latest version which will be compatible with the all the iDevice version although that dint appeared yet and there is no information regarding to that matter for a long time now .

Well as far as I know it was said that this is nothing to do with the software version but related to the fact that some version is running on the arm 6 chip and other latest is working on the ones arm 7 and they just flagged it as compatible with arm 7.

Yeah you are correct on this the fact that at the time when the application is been made you can set tem to the certain kind of hardware . this is done because they want to ensure that the app runs with the latest hardware as the app is very graphical or CPU intensive. Or you can say that is the apps are exclusive to the newer arm chips. . the fact the steam application is compatible to the older iOS as I have seen many people have use to run this application fine on their jailbreak device , so this would be not the hardware limitation . they only need to update this app with the flag removed to work it and why this is not done is till un known .

Hey I have jailbreaked iPod and I have installed this application on that device but the problem is that the application is opening when I click the icon but after open it just flashes the splash screen for some second and then crashes , what would be the problem now can anyone here tell me

To the extent that I knew is the OS 4.3 device like the
    1. iPhone 3GS
    2. iPhone 4
    3. iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation,
    4. iPad
    5. iPad 2

and the iOS 5 device like
    1. iPhone 3GS
    2. iPhone 4
    3. iPhone 4S
    4. iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation,
    5. iPad
    6. iPad 2

Can run the Steam Mobile client so make sure you have 4.3..x or upgrade to 5.0.1 on the device . That means essentially it should work on a 4.2.1 iPhone 3GS