Thread: Micro-usb jig works very well with the Samsung galaxy note

Micro-usb jig works very well with the Samsung galaxy note

For those who were not knowing that Micro-usb jig works with this phone then let me tell you that it does works well with this phone as well and how good it works. Well last I had tried it with my captivate and now I gave a try for the Samsung galaxy note as well and was amazed to find that it did work. Plug it in, wait for sometime so that it gets processed, vibrate and then download mode. Isn’t it a great piece of information for all. Need some comments from you all on this.

Re: Micro-usb jig works very well with the Samsung galaxy note

Quote Originally Posted by Prem-Din View Post
    For those who were not knowing that Micro-usb jig works with this phone then let me tell you that it does works well with this phone as well and how good it works. Well last I had tried it with my captivate and now I gave a try for the Samsung galaxy note as well and was amazed to find that it did work. Plug it in, wait for sometime so that it gets processed, vibrate and then download mode. Isn’t it a great piece of information for all. Need some comments from you all on this.
    Ok that’s great news but I was just thinking if the jig can be used to reset the flash counter to zero? So that’s what I was thinking, any replies for this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    Ok that’s great news but I was just thinking if the jig can be used to reset the flash counter to zero? So that’s what I was thinking, any replies for this question.
    Dude it will get you into the download mode. However it will not do anything on resetting the flash counter. Like it did on the Samsung galaxy S2. I hope I have answered you the necessary question. That’s it from my side for you.

Sorry if I sound silly over here but I want to know what do you mean by a Micro-usb jig and where do we get it? frankly speaking I don’t do much experimentation's with my phone but I would like to know more about this jig as if what it is and how it can help me, that’s what I want to know.

star Re: Micro-usb jig works very well with the Samsung galaxy note

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
    Sorry if I sound silly over here but I want to know what do you mean by a Micro-usb jig and where do we get it? frankly speaking I don’t do much experimentation's with my phone but I would like to know more about this jig as if what it is and how it can help me, that’s what I want to know.
    USB jig is actually a micro-USB device which will allow you to attach a micro USB plug, and resistors. If you want to know how does it look like then I have given you the image over here you can refer that first and you will get all the information accordingly.

USB jig has normally 3 functions that it can do and let me list down all of them
    - Get in to the download mode- if you have done a soft brick for your phone then you can get your phone into the download mode and re flash the new kernel or the rom.
    - Get the yellow triangle out of the way: once you have flashed the kernel then you get a small yellow colored triangle at boot splash. With the help of usb jig you can remove that.
    - Reset Odin counter/Reset custom binary counter: once you have flashed your rom then binary counter will keep a track of it. no matter if you think that how much new your phone has become then also binary counter will keep a track of it. usb jig can clear out the counter and reset it.
    As far as the question of from where you can get it then you can get it easily from the ebay. That’s the place from where you can get it. I hope you have got the necessary information for the same.

Basically jigs are micro-usb stick which helps you in recovering from bricking. I don’t know if all the above functions would be true for the galaxy note but lets hope for the best. That’s all I can say here.