Thread: Resolution of HTC One X via HDMI to TV and Computer screen

Resolution of HTC One X via HDMI to TV and Computer screen

I was planning to get this phone with in a week and I like to know what resolution dose this phone have connecting to an external display like the TV and Computer screen. well tegra 3 itself will not have any issue with 1080p via MHL but I am not sure about this . what I need to know is will it going to work . perhaps not with the stock rom and sense . but is it possible to dev to make a rom further so that you can get anything else than mirroring at 720p. if I am not wrong then this is the first phone to be powerful enough as the computer . Can anyone here help me on this

Thanks

Re: Resolution of HTC One X via HDMI to TV and Computer screen

Well I was looking to the article on the web that avowed that Media Link HD does 1080p on the 802.11n to any HDMI-equipped TV, rather than just 720p, and assure to mirror games and videos, photos and music..."

Well I also see that on the engadget and certainly look all the video on YouTube, it's overwhelming! however I believe the media link will be costly and may be it will be using the n MHL adapter for a computer issue . I doubt how the media link will be working perfectly for the web browser . the NVIDIA tegra 3 specification showed the 1920x1080 on thw hdmi, although when I checked the Wikipedia it shows up till 2560×1600, though the output not specified.

i've looked in the TF prime forum where someone asked the same question but with a prime instead of one x but noone could give a straight answer.

maybe that's something to contact nvidia for, making them provide a driver for devs that can bypass the device screen and only output to external with different resolution. I don't know how ICS really works but seeing it's for both phones and tablets now the scaling must work differently right? Acer made a demo tablet called iconia tab A700 and it has 1080.