Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only 8 hours battery life in Samsung Galaxy Note i717

Only 8 hours battery life in Samsung Galaxy Note i717

The title says it clearly well. so what I am telling is that I charged up my phone till 100% and I thought I will not have to charge my phone for a entire day or two but no that was not the case at all for me. I was only able to use 8 hours only and that was the most disappointing that I noticed about this phone. I hardly took a 10 minute call, browsed net and did some downloading stuff but still my battery lasted only 8 hours. Could you all imagine this?

Anyways I want you all to comment on this.

Re: Only 8 hours battery life in Samsung Galaxy Note i717

8 hours of battery life after relatively using your phone completely is not a bad sign at all. In fact I must say that you should be happy with the performance that you got. Well I am not talking about the stand by time it’s the actual time that your phone lasts when you use the phone completely. So you got 8 hours and that’s a excellent stuff, so I don’t understand why the hell are you disappointed with that?

I had only used 20 minutes of wifi and was out with the lte network and h+ zones I did not face any kind of problem at all. My phone has lasted almost 22 hours of battery life. So I am in love with the battery life of this phone, that’s what I want to say here.

I normally get my phone last the entire day without charging. All I do is some calls and playing games in the free time. So that’s a pretty average time. Well if you want to save the battery life of the phone then you should turn the screen into low settings that’s what you should do. if it is tuned into higher or brighter settings then the battery consumption is quite high and one more thing that I have noticed in the phone is that if you keep the screen brightness at a lower level then you get the maximum clarity then the one kept in the maximum settings. So that’s what you should be doing. I hope you did understand what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you.

The phone averages upto 18-20 hours of use. Well I use it totally for 3 hours. I spend a lot of time researching something or the another in some of the forums. So that’s why I don’t think I would be utilizing much of the battery for this phone. that’s what I think.

Maximum battery consumption is only when you are have kept your phone in wifi or if you are in the lte network area and utilizing its service. Things like downloading, playing games and capturing videos does take a lot of battery life in the phone. so that’s why it is advisable to think about your battery before utilizing it extensively.

There is no way by which you can use up the phone continuously for 3 hours unless and until you charge up the phone in the middle, there is no other way by which you can keep your phone alive till that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithi View Post
    The title says it clearly well. so what I am telling is that I charged up my phone till 100% and I thought I will not have to charge my phone for a entire day or two but no that was not the case at all for me. I was only able to use 8 hours only and that was the most disappointing that I noticed about this phone. I hardly took a 10 minute call, browsed net and did some downloading stuff but still my battery lasted only 8 hours. Could you all imagine this?

Anyways I want you all to comment on this.
    Have you heard of juice defender well a most important tool if you want to increase the stand by time of your phone. so those who are getting poor battery performances inyour phone then give a try for this particular tool, that would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    Have you heard of juice defender well a most important tool if you want to increase the stand by time of your phone. so those who are getting poor battery performances inyour phone then give a try for this particular tool, that would be better.
    oki, i am a new smart phone user, and i get on the juice defender website. when i click on install it says "There are no Android phones associated with this account. Please sign in with a different account."

what should i do?

Affection Re: Only 8 hours battery life in Samsung Galaxy Note i717

My battery last 11hrs even though I am just using TEXTING,
    is that really right?

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    My battery last 11hrs even though I am just using TEXTING,
    is that really right?
    The Samsung Galaxy Note has a 2500 mAh power pack battery, so it should definitely give good long lasting time. What all applications are installed in your mobile phone. Can you go into settings and then applications and see to it what things are consuming most battery usage in your phone, simply close those all prosess and then try to test the battery in stand by mode.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Display,android os cell standby,go sms pro,phone idle,android system,internet,voice calls and media server..

what should i do to lessen this battery usage?

i dont even use voice calls neither internet everday?

Hi emcee,

First of all you should never use 3g networks on your mobile phone continously because it drains the battery quickly, so to change back to 2g networks you should go into Settings --> Wireless controls --> Mobile networks --> Use only 2G networks. Also, you should turn off wireless features, as well as gps and bluetooth from the device. Another thing is that you can install battery power saving app such as Power Tune-Up to save battery.

Hi Spearman

thanks for your suggestion I just cant find the 2g that u are saying ..
    I just go to Settings--Wireless and Network ---- Mobile Network then Network Mode THERE ARE 3 CHOICES...

1.GSM/WCDMA (auto mode)
    2. GSM only
    3. WCDMA only

what will i choose?

I also downloaded Juice Defender but I think it doesnt help me..
    but some people say its helpful?

Hi emcee,

To stay on the 2g network on your mobile phone, just choose the GSM only option and your mobile phone wont pick up 3g networks, although if you require it you can always switch back to GSM/WCDMA for same. Also pressing "Home" button lets you know what all apps are open. This apps are continously running in the background, which affects memory and battery. You can test this yourself: Open by pressing the "Home" - button, the list of recently used apps will appear, just tap on "Task Manager" to close all this apps, use the "Menu" button. Or tap several times on "Back".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast