Thread: When will Samsung Galaxy Note I717 get the ICS update?

Arrow When will Samsung Galaxy Note I717 get the ICS update?

Ok so the title says it everything. Well I want to know when the Samsung Galaxy Note I717 will be getting the ICS update? I don’t have any idea about it so that’s why I thought you all must be knowing about it, any such updates that you have on this then please share it with me.

Re: When will Samsung Galaxy Note I717 get the ICS update?

Well looking at this thread List of Smartphone’s that will be getting the ICS update it is said that ICS should have been updated by the Q1 of 2012. Now we are reaching the end of Q1. Hopefully it will get updated by April and not delay it further.

Samsung has always been known to delay the release date of the updates for their phones. Now what are their plans for this phone? I really don’t have any idea but normally what happens before the update is that, a leaked version of update is released and even before the official update comes to the phone the custom roms for that phone is out, this is what happens with the majority of the updates released by the Samsung.

You cannot blame the manufacturer entirely for that a lot depends upon the carrier as well. so that’s why I am just warning you not the mention the name of only the manufacturer when you are reporting such problems or issues.

I should say that it should come up my April if not late then. If you take the case of i9000 then it had got the gingerbread update by April 2011 while captivate got it in the early 2012. So you cant blame the Samsung itself for the delay, that’s the point that I am trying to make here. I hope you did got what I am trying to say here.

I think with this update Samsung people should change the trend of what people think about their company. They should release the update early for this phone. if it comes by the end of this month then I would be super happy.