Thread: How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

Arrow How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

Hey guys I am willing to do some experimentation with my new phone Samsung Galaxy Note I717. Well it’s a locked phone running on a AT&T network. Well I am trying it hard to run on a T-Mobile network by unlocking it.

So before beginning I just want to ask some of you all if anyone of you have tried with this experimentation or not? That’s what I want to know. Anyways do give a reply for the same.

Re: How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

It would be a very difficult thing to do that I must confess. Since I have checked some of the articles in xda developers and even they were looking into it. I browsed in several pages of their sites but was not able to find the appropriate information. Anyways if anyone of you all did get a fix for this then do tell me about it. It would be of great help for me.

Re: How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

Quote Originally Posted by Shin-Chan View Post
    Hey guys I am willing to do some experimentation with my new phone Samsung Galaxy Note I717. Well it’s a locked phone running on a AT&T network. Well I am trying it hard to run on a T-Mobile network by unlocking it.

So before beginning I just want to ask some of you all if anyone of you have tried with this experimentation or not? That’s what I want to know. Anyways do give a reply for the same.
    Yes I am really fed up of the EDGE network that I am getting currently and want to switch to some fast 4G band. Which I think I would be getting from the T-mobile network. So like you all even I am waiting for the fix to come up and I have asked many of my friends to update me if anyone has got a workaround for this.

idea Re: How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

Hey guys good news for you all. I have got a solution for you all. I have successfully managed to make my galaxy note work on the T-Mobile 4G network. I am really happy about it. So I want to share this solution with you all. I don’t know if it will work with you or not. I don’t take any responsibility of any sort. Well before starting with the solution I would recommend you all to get your phone network unlocked. you should have a T-mobile sim card. The galaxy note should be rooted. Also one more thing you should ensure that you have the necessary backup for your phone(NANDdroid back up) and then only proceed ahead. I suppose you might all be knowing about the backup procedure. So that’s why I wont waste time explaining you all about the backup process. So lets gets started with the solution.
    - Select any of the below modems that you are interested in and flash it with the help of CMW
    1) Telus KJ3

2) T-mobile SGH-T989 KID

3) T-mobile SGH-T989 VKL1

- once you have flashed it then reboot your phone

That’s it and you are done in case if you want to revert back to the AT&T then you can flash your phone with this .

star Re: How to make a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717 work on T-Mobile 3G/4G network?

I have got a solution from XDA which I found it very interesting and hence decided to share this with you all. Hopefully it works for you.

1) First of all lets begin up by creating 3 folders in your external sd card (1) ATT, (2) TMOBILE, and (3) TELUS. Create a sub folder in the TMOBILE folder: (a) KID, and (b) VKL1.

2) Now before continuing with the second step make sure you have the adb and dd to write the mdm.bin file. So if you are having it then only continue with the procedure otherwise don’t. Run your adb and ensure that phone is connected to the PC. Run the following commands in adb to back up amss.bin

- adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/ATT/mdm.bin(for internal card)
    adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/ATT/amss.bin (for internal card)

- adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 of=/sdcard/external_sd/ATT/mdm.bin ( for external sd card)
    adb shell dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 of=/sdcard/external_sd/ATT/amss.bin ( for external sd card)

3) Download any of the modems which are given here and store in the respective sub folders that you have created above. For an example if you have downloaded the modem for T-mobile then save it under T-mobile folder and if the modem is KID then save under it. so thois would be the location /sdcard/external_sd/TMOBILE/KID.

4) Now its time to copy the mdm.bin to the correct partition on the Galaxy Note.

- If you have used T-mobile SGH-T989 KID modem then apply the following command without quotes
    "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/external_sd/TMOBILE/KID/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (external storage)

"adb shell dd if=/sdcard/TMOBILE/KID/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (internal storage)

- If you have used T-mobile SGH-T989 VKL1 modem then use the following command without quotes
    "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/external_sd/TMOBILE/VKL1/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (external storage)

"adb shell dd if=/sdcard/TMOBILE/VKL1/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (internal storage)

- If you have used Telus KJ3 modem then use the following command without quotes
    "adb shell dd if=/sdcard/external_sd/TELUS/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (external storage)

"adb shell dd if=/sdcard/TELUS/mdm.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17" (internal storage)

5) Now reboot the phone. once the device has totally settled down force the device to use HSDPA. If you are wondering how to do it then follow the steps

- In the settings go to Wireless and network.

- Go to mobile networks. Select network mode.

- Select HSPA only

6) Now once you are done with that be happy. Your phone will run successfully in the T-mobile network congrats. However just check if you are getting the 4G sign or not. In case if you are not getting it then there must be some problem in the reception. There are chances that Indoors you might get very poor signal strength. Just come out and check the frequency.

I hope this method does helps.