Thread: Setting a default number for a contact in Nokia Asha 303

Setting a default number for a contact in Nokia Asha 303

Well I have a particular contact which has 3 numbers so I have added them one by one. Now I wanted to keep one number as the default one. So whenever I try to call that particular person I get the list of 3 numbers and I have to select from them, as far as I know selecting the default contact means if I call that particular person then the default contact number should get dialed and it should not show me the list right?

So anyone knows how can I fix this issue in my phone? Please advise.

re: Setting a default number for a contact in Nokia Asha 303

Quote Originally Posted by Ash^Bi View Post
    Well I have a particular contact which has 3 numbers so I have added them one by one. Now I wanted to keep one number as the default one. So whenever I try to call that particular person I get the list of 3 numbers and I have to select from them, as far as I know selecting the default contact means if I call that particular person then the default contact number should get dialed and it should not show me the list right?

So anyone knows how can I fix this issue in my phone? Please advise.
    There is a possibility that you might have not understand completely what do you mean by the default number. Since whatever number you keep as a default number it gets into the top of the list and when you call the person the default number gets called up. You might be looking inside the contact, in short your viewing the contact details of that particular person and hence you are getting to see all the 3 contacts again. Don’t view the contacts just press on the call button when you see the persons name, this is as simple as it gets.

re: Setting a default number for a contact in Nokia Asha 303

I do agree with what the above user is saying here. in fact if a person has 3 contact details then it is obvious that it will be displayed when you view it. just ensure that the default number that you have kept for the person should be appearing in the top of the list and not below it. so that’s what you need to look at. I mean there is no way by which you should get fuss about this problem.