Thread: Is there two version of iPad 4G/LTE for AT&T and Verizon

Is there two version of iPad 4G/LTE for AT&T and Verizon

hi guys

I need to know this whether the Apple is releasing the two separate version of the both the carrier AT&T and Verizon and when you order the iPad you have to select AT@T or Verizon. Is there 2 model of both and each 4G Enable IPad. I am asking this as I am myself need to buy one for me and if there will be 2 different model the iPad 4g 32GB. I well be getting the Verizon version and I was just wondering if the Tablet is locked to their respective carrier then you have to go through what ever provider

Re: Is there two version of iPad 4G/LTE for AT&T and Verizon

Well as far as I know about this the tablet is not unlocked. Al have is the option of buying either the AT&T or Verizon one. However you also have the two models with incompatible LTE chips, and I am certain that those are unlocked.

To the extent that I know the iPad 4G will be available unlocked but the fact that both of this will be not able to use in the each other network like , the AT&T version will not be working in the Verizon and the Verizon network will not be used on the AT&T network

Yeah that is absolutely correct and I have actually saw an article on the web that have mention that there is two different model that is one for the AT@T and one for Version

It seems to me like the Verizon version supports every similar network frequencies that the AT&T version has . So I can’t see any reason that I can use AT&T LTE micro sim in the Verizon version? Can anyone here tell me is it because of any hardware difference, or are they locked to a carrier with software?

I am the Verizon customer and i have given pre order of my iPad today and after the long hour of chat on the phone with the representative of both the Verizon as well as Apple he told me that the Verizon version do NOT contain a SIM card slot. . The AT&T version has a removable SIM card so it is possible that you can exchange the AT&T version for a locally obtain SIM card overseas and utilize a local data plan. I hope I was not giving the wrong impression about. I’d be concerned in any disagreement here as I can still call off my order.

Thanks for the reply guys looks as if both are locked to each other network . Well AT&T has the limited LTE accessibility in our locality. I select the Verizon iPad for the reason that it has the LTE is in my area, AT&T LTE is not.

I think there is the bit confused here as I just checked that both the model has the SIM Card slot so they are so both are in the same way use , use on non-LTE networks for that matter. Here in the US the version has the better network coverage of LTE however AT&T has little faster 3G network when you are outside LTE range. I also hear that the AT&T LTE is normally quicker if you are in the area where you get the service of both companies, although that can constantly vary.