Thread: Is it possible to swap Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4g out of contract to iPad data SIM

Is it possible to swap Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4g out of contract to iPad data SIM

Here is the deal I was planning to buy the mobile hotspot elevate 4g that at the moment available with the at&t with a minimum 5Gb data plan for 50$ out of the contract and I need to know that is it possible me to swap in my iPad 2Gb at&t data plan to it. I need to know this because the 5GB is too much for what I needed and 25$ iPad plane is suitable for me . I search on the net and found out that its use the same micro SIM Card that iPad do but don’t know anything about swapping . well I am live in the city where the 4g coverage already deployed and has hspa+ coverage so is this possible. Also is I buy it for testing will AT&T will take back it if its doesn’t works . what is the return period for mobile hotspots. Is there any one here knows anything about this, I will be really appreciating any assistance

thanks in advance

Re: Is it possible to swap Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4g out of contract to iPad data SIM

Well I am also looking for the same thing I was planning to use my iPad 3G SIM Card with the device and I would need to know about this prior to buying it , can any one here tell me do you able to do that I will be glad to know

Thanks to know that

Re: Is it possible to swap Mobile Hotspot Elevate 4g out of contract to iPad data SIM

As far as I know that would be working just fine . the fact that the iPad uses the APN of the Broadband and the same is used by the AT&T Elevate but I thing that you might have to get the new LTE micro SIM though

Hope this would help

That is absolutely correct what is said above . I was on the return period and I am currently waiting for get hold of the new iPad 3 with the LTE built in. and for people who are preferring for the use the wifi only version or an earlier one this option is the most brilliant option for the tethering. And like to tell you that you need to buy the elevate at the retail price if you are not planning to sign into a 5GB data plan contract.