Thread: Can I use new iPad with 4G LTE in US if purchased from Canada?

Can I use new iPad with 4G LTE in US if purchased from Canada?

Hello friends, I have just pre-order the iPad with 4G LTE and done it from Canada, but suddenly due to some work need to move US for couple of months, so it will be a long time over here. Well the new iPad is been supportable with any of the 4G Company over there, but it will be totally different in the US. So the main question of mine is that if I purchased from Canada will it be working in US or not? And also it is possible to use 4G at all? This is very much important for me, as I will be using it for my work. If it will not working then will be cancel the pre-order. Please help me, thank you.

re: Can I use new iPad with 4G LTE in US if purchased from Canada?

If you wanted to use the 3G then you can and also need to have the US sim card, from any of the service provider, whether Verizon or At&t. Well I am not sure about the 4G, could not tell about it. I cannot imagine that the iPad will be different and it might be due to carrier sim card, other than that it might be not working at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    If you wanted to use the 3G then you can and also need to have the US sim card, from any of the service provider, whether Verizon or At&t. Well I am not sure about the 4G, could not tell about it. I cannot imagine that the iPad will be different and it might be due to carrier sim card, other than that it might be not working at all.
    What I have heard about the 3G is that if you are bring the Canada's iPad to US then need to use the AT&T's service and other than that there is no service provider who is providing it. Even I am not knowing about the 4G LTE in new ipad and also that it is true or not. One news have heard that the at&t don't have good 4g lte coverage across US, if that is the scen then it will be really worst for me and cannot use 4G with my new ipad in US.

Well with the new iPad you will be able to use any one of the service provider, such either At&t or Verizon and it is been told by the someone for 3g worldwide. Well the 4g seems to be restricted for the local carriers. I am not able to see that the Apple making 100 different iPad for different markets around the world. I would believe that a sim from Verizon or At&t would also get you 4g in the USA.

Re: Can I use new iPad with 4G LTE in US if purchased from Canada?

i would suggest that you contact the network provider of yours and ask him if you will be able to use the new iPad in US or not, they might be knowing very much about it and also will be clear all your doubts, so contact them once.