Thread: New iPad 3 - 4G seems to be useless in Europe as per Frequencies 700mhz and 2100mhz

New iPad 3 - 4G seems to be useless in Europe as per Frequencies 700mhz and 2100mhz

As the New iPad - 4G has been announced I have checked out the articles and I don’t know why they have listed iPad to be compatible in Europe knowing that the 4G networks assigned here are 800mhz and 2600mhz. I think that the apple has not made the iPad 4G to be working outside United States or they have just not updated the specification pages on the European apple websites. By now I think that we will be left with the HSPA+/3G only in Europe.

re: New iPad 3 - 4G seems to be useless in Europe as per Frequencies 700mhz and 2100mhz

As the New iPad - 4G has been announced I have checked out the articles and I don’t know why they have listed iPad to be compatible in Europe knowing that the 4G networks assigned here are 800mhz and 2600mhz. I think that the apple has not made the iPad 4G to be working outside United States or they have just not updated the specification pages on the European apple websites. By now I think that we will be left with the HSPA+/3G only in Europe.
    I have checked out the same and have found Verizon is 700 mhz whereas at&t is 700 and 2100 mhz,anyways by now they have just announced 4g for USA and Canada. I am not that sure about the Europe.

re: New iPad 3 - 4G seems to be useless in Europe as per Frequencies 700mhz and 2100mhz

I have found Apple to be advertising 4G in germany as well without excluding the same, I have contacted the apple support and they told me that it will work in germany but then I doubt it as apple have not yet made a clear statement on this.

I completely agree to you. I have checked out the Italian website and even here the new Ipad is advertised as being 4G compatible around the world but then I have not found them mentioning issue of different frequencies. I really think that there should have been some officials addressing the same, they should have not advertised it as 4G compatible around the world, as there are a no of companies which are not having a 4G network. I think that they are just trying to compete it with Verizon just by calling their HSPA+ 4g, in short you can say that they are just trying to fool the customers.

I will like to add that new iPad can be used for 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G networks which basically means that it will be using whatever network signal is available and even 4G network if available, if you want then you can check out the specification that has been mentioned in the below link:

This clearly states that one can use iPad on GSM or EDGE networks.

I agree to you that it is capable of using anything up to 4G but then when it is not compatible with 4G network frequencies in the other countries then should have mentioned that the new iPad's 4G LTE network is only compatible with US frequencies and not compatible around the world, other than this I wanted to share that apple must be aware that the European Union was going to use 800mhz and 2600mhz as it was just not decided a month ago but then it has been said almost a year ago. I really doubt their plan. I think that we should send feedback to the Apple for the same, I have just done that and if others want then they can do the same.