Thread: Will ipad 3 from united states work with carrier of UAE ?

Will ipad 3 from united states work with carrier of UAE ?

I am currently in UAE and I am willing to get pad from the states, the reason behind this is that some of the features are not supported by the apple for UAE, I have found that I will have to choose between the data service companies but then I am not sure if it will work with the carrier in UAE, is there anyone who has an idea about it???

re: Will ipad 3 from united states work with carrier of UAE ?

I will like to inform you that it has already been mentioned in the Apple Keynote that both US 4G versions are having world-wide universal 3G capability, so I don’t think that you should worry about the same. Hope that helps.

re: Will ipad 3 from united states work with carrier of UAE ?

Hey thanks for clearing the doubt but then I also wanted to know about the 4G??? , I mean it is having world-wide universal 4G capability as well, do you have an idea about it??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: Will ipad 3 from united states work with carrier of UAE ?

as stated in the above link it will not work on other networks besides at&t.

actually i checked further and i found out the below:

I compared the frequencies from the ipad 3 4G that comes from UK with the frequencies for the HUawei E398 4G usb modem that etisalat uses and I found different frequencies:

Ipad3: 4G LTE (700,2100 MHz)

Huawei E398 (900,2600 MHz)

so all in all, with the defiirence in frequencies i don'y think the ipad 3 will provide you a 4G network in uae... sure it will work on 3G network because it has the same international frequency but it should not work on 4G networks (etisalat for now as i have no idea if DU have got 4G or not)...

but with the new 3G modem in the ipad (and after checking with someone who brought it here and tried it), it will provide better performance on 3G network...(the user actually stated that his network speed is 32 mbps, but i'm not sure if that is correct).

it's a risk to buy it for now, so i suggest you wwait until someone have it and check if it is actually worth it, especially with the high prices in uae for the ipad 3 (6000 AED??!!!! are you kidding me).

hope i helped enough.