Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-03-2012

How to assign fixed IP address and DNS to Nokia Lumia 710 for Wi Fi

I have been using Nokia Lumia 710 and I am not having any problem with the same but then now I am willing to assign fixed IP address and DNS to it for Wi Fi but then I don?t know why editing ip address has been disabled in the phone, so I just wanted to know if there is any other way for editing it?? Is there anyone who has an idea about it??
Old 13-03-2012

Re: How to assign fixed IP address and DNS to Nokia Lumia 710 for Wi Fi

Quote:
I have been using Nokia Lumia 710 and I am not having any problem with the same but then now I am willing to assign fixed IP address and DNS to it for Wi Fi but then I don?t know why editing ip address has been disabled in the phone, so I just wanted to know if there is any other way for editing it?? Is there anyone who has an idea about it??
See if you are not having any issues in specifically reserving and assign ip address from the router than it will be the best option that you can try out and it is quite easy as you just need the mac address for doing the same, just try it out and then let me know if you have any further issues.
Old 14-03-2012

Re: How to assign fixed IP address and DNS to Nokia Lumia 710 for Wi Fi

Hey thanks for your interest but then I am looking after a workaround for assigning DNS and after that ip, in my case the DNS picked up on DSL broadband is not working for all the time and that is the reason I am willing to specify another DNS, so is there anything I can do about editing the DNS of my phone???? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , ,