Thread: Not able to connect Nokia Asha 303 to WIFI at my college

Not able to connect Nokia Asha 303 to WIFI at my college

I have bought Nokia Asha 303 and it has been a week and is working fine but then the only problem that I am having is that I am not finding an option to connect my phone to the WIFI at my college, I have checked out the security and it is shown as WPA2-PSK, I don’t have much idea about the same is there anyone who can help me out in connecting the phone to WPA2-PSK security.

Re: Not able to connect Nokia Asha 303 to WIFI at my college

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know the below things:
    • Are you entering the correct pass key for connecting the WiFi?
    • Is your phone able to recognize the WiFi?
    • Are you getting any error message when trying to connect it to the WiFi?

Just answer the same so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

If you want then you can try to refer to the below guide for connecting your phone to different wifi spots:

Just check out the same and see if it is helping you out or not.

Hey thanks for your interest, in my case the WIFI security settings at my college ask for a "Username" and a "Password" but then when I am searching wifi from the mobile and trying to connect to the same then it is just asking for the password and not the Username, I just wanted to know if there a way by which I can make my phone to ask for "Username" as well as the password??? Is there anything I can do about the same???

As far as I am aware one does not need to enter a username for connecting to the wifi at colleges and just the security key does the job. I don’t think that there is a way by which you can force your phone to ask you for the username rather than the security key, if you go through the above guide then you will find out the same, other than this you will have to contact the college I.T department. For getting the other wifi settings, Just check out these things and then let me know if you have any further issues. Bets of luck.

I completely agree to the above posy you just need security key to connect to the wifi and not the username any ways as you have mentioned that the phone is asking you for the password while connecting to the wifi and not the username then what happens when you are entering the security key as the password??? If you have not tried out the same by now then just try it out and then let me know for further help. If at all you get an error and so then just make a note of it and then post it here, so I can check out the same and will try to help you in dealing with it as well.

I have tried entering the security key for as the password but then it is not allowing me to connect to the wifi rather it is giving me an error message saying that the password should be 8 characters long and all, where as I am very sure that the password that I am entering is correct as I have got the username and password from the college it department for using the wifi, my friends are not having any such issues in connecting the wifi but then I don’t know what is actually wrong in my case. There is no other Nokia Asha 303 here so I can cross check the situation, is there any other thing that I can try out??? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.