Thread: On my Nokia N8? (Belle) Fring unable to work

On my Nokia N8? (Belle) Fring unable to work

I came to know about the fringe and I made a installation regarding the fringe from the OVI store by means of my nokia n8. So it was really working fine and well and all booted up I login in . And after that I pressed exit. Now at the time of clicking nothing occurs . it comes into appearance that its running then stops and goes back to my home screen :smileysad:? So how I am able to solve this. Can you suggest.

re: On my Nokia N8? (Belle) Fring unable to work

I will suggest you with the below mentioned one and hope it helps in your case. make use of Xplorer as well as locate folder c/systems/03081978
    You need to look for the three files and delete them:
    WatchdogConfig
    WISPrCrd.dat
    WISPrPRR.dat
    I have made some attempts in this case and it has helped me a lot.

re: On my Nokia N8? (Belle) Fring unable to work

As I found this topic relating to my issue ere are some of the issues which I come across. My Fring application is missing in Ovi store, when i attempt to download it straightaway from m.fring.com/download. It is however able to install itself but thee is no listing of any application and after i make some restart of my Nokia N8 set i am not able to find the app. When i make a visit to the site once more I am not able to download the app any longer. Hope you guys solve it for me.

Re: On my Nokia N8? (Belle) Fring unable to work

My issue was solved after I made some attempts as I tried with the above solution and it did came to me that after adding and after deleting those three files you need to then log-out, and also to restart fring, log-in and all will be fine. So all was sorted for me.

I need to tell you regarding some positive points which will help the newbies to take a watch in this case. Nokia fringsters, get the updated fring fixes is good to make use of as by means of the new fring, you’ll be able to see enhanced video, listen to improved audio and get stability improvements. So grabbing the latest version by pointing your mobile browser to m.fring.com will enable you to download.

Hey guys fring is working well on n8 belle. There is no direct call alternative. You have to choose contact along with you need to go to alternative then you'll see call alternative. as well as skype is accessible for belle on Nokia store .

Fring along with skype are not able to work. But there is a work-around to make fring work.You need to log out of fring always. If you exit fring with no logging out, it will not tend to work for the next time.yet I'm waiting for a appropriate belle update.

I have found some solution from other sources which will help you a lot.
    1. initially you need to download FRING v4.05(17) (look on OVI)
    2. After you have installaled you need to log in with your account plus allow it load correctly.
    3. following fring starts correctly you will notice all your contacts there at present you are able to make use of fring as you wish for but as we all can make out after exiting in belle fring will not be able to start once more forever.
    4.also keep in mind that do no exit fring instead what you have to do is follow this.
    So you need to click on alternative on the right side and then in the click on settings and then in the click personalize. You will be able to see the last option it says LOG OUT and then you need to finally click LOG OUT as well as press okay when it denotes you to LOG OUT.

I tried with the following solution. But I think that the following things were missing. you will appear to see the log in screen again and then you will be with press alternative and exit FRING.and after this I was over. All I have to do was to try to start fring again and it will start for sure. as a result every-time now you have to log out so that it starts once more next time.

Hey , I have some tips which you need to follow while doing this . so if you forgot to log out along with simply exit it then you will not be able to follow the above process and it will not tend to work again at all so kindly keep in mind to log out previous to exiting FRING.at present if you have done what I done and exited Frinnge. I made some test on my Nokia n8 Belle and all was Ok.