Thread: Does AT&T iPad 4G from the US will work on 3G networks in Europe

Does AT&T iPad 4G from the US will work on 3G networks in Europe

hi guys ‘

I need help , I am planning to buy iPad4G for me and I am thinking to get it from the EBay , bottom line is I want to know if I get the AT&T iPad 4G will I be anble to make it work out side of the US particularly in the Ireland. Is there any one here can assist me on this I will be really appreciating this afford

Thanks in advance

Re: Does AT&T iPad 4G from the US will work on 3G networks in Europe

It’s good that you are deciding to buy the new iPad but I am sorry to say that of you getting the AT&T iPad 4G I won’t be working on the other networks as it will be locked ot the AT&T networks beside I suggest consult your carrier before purchase as , I heard it will not supporting the LET out side US .

Well as far as I know up till now there is no carrier attached to the iPad and the apple hasn’t given any intimation the new iPad will be locked to a carrier and your question ,makes no sense , I you want to be 100% confirm you will have to wait till the 16th to see that

Hopes this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Gajagamini View Post
    It’s good that you are deciding to buy the new iPad but I am sorry to say that of you getting the AT&T iPad 4G I won’t be working on the other networks as it will be locked ot the AT&T networks beside I suggest consult your carrier before purchase as , I heard it will not supporting the LET out side US .
    That is absolutely wrong that you have said I just checked the official and there it was mentioned that the 4g versions will work in Europe On your 3G network. I suggest you to checked the official website for the apple and you will get all the necessary information for their itself

That is weird that you said it won’t support but I like to tell you that I am have the iPad 2 on AT&T and I am living in Caribbean, but I was able to use my phone on 3G network with no problem in fact I am looking for the iPad 4G/LTE myself and will definitely going to get it as I really like the apple lines of product , it s really sad that apple has restricted the use of the 4G out of US but I am sure they will figure out the way for this as well .

Well I am not totally incorrect ion this as technically I am right partly that you are will be restricted to each AT&T or Verizon in the US as the works almost differently. Although what I said correct in this is that the AT&T attached iPad 4G can be used abroad as it also uses SIM card technology. The Verizon model won't work overseas at least no in the UK.

No I still hold that you are wrong the Verizon one can work the fact that the iPads has the same GSM bands it will work all over the world on lte networks the only difference with the iPad 4G is that they have the AT&T has additional 2100 band for AT&T LET and the Verizon one has extra CDMA bands to retreat on if there is no lte

if what you are saying truth then dose the Verizon iPad 4G will contain the SIM card slot and incase that is true then why is that the Apple says that it won’t be working on the AT&T's network in the US, all the network in here is requiring the simcard

Well its do have the sim card slot on and no Verizon 4g device will going to work without a sim card it doesn’t matter if you are in the LTE or old CDMA network asn the same does not going to work with the AT&T's LTE network as the AT&T using a other LTE band and use the band that the Verizon on iPad 4G is missing , The GSM, 3G is a different network