Thread: HTC Desire Z Keyboard needed

HTC Desire Z Keyboard needed

Hi

First time poster.

My wife cracked the screen on her HTC Desire Z and so I ordered another digitizer and fitted it.

Unfortunately while I was putting it back together I forgot a screw so I opened it up again and when I did this I damaged one of the ribbon cables that connect to the motherboard.

My research leads me to believe it is the ribbon that comes from the keyboard.

If anyone has knowledge of this product, can they tell me if I need to replace the keyboard assembly (and where to find this as I haven't been able to yet) or can I just replace the keyboard itself?

I haven't had any luck finding replacement keyboard parts for this unit so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Re: HTC Desire Z Keyboard needed

No one has had this problem?

That looks a hardware fault. This phone has hinges on the backside which connect the keyboard and screen together. This is very complicated to open and then refix. Anyhow it is not possible to find a replacement keyboard for this model. I will recommend you to carry the phone to your nearest htc service center. They will provide you a better replacement for this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanaJhon View Post
    That looks a hardware fault. I will recommend you to carry the phone to your nearest htc service center. They will provide you a better replacement for this.
    Yes it is a hardware problem. It is a broken ribbon, as I said in OP.

If I can get the whole keyboard sliding assembly I can fix it and not pay hundreds, which I would do if I took it into a HTC service centre.

It is possible to get a replacement keyboard:
    http://phoneparts.en.alibaba.com/pro..._Z_Keypad.html

I just dont know if it comes with the ribbon or not.

Well, you can take it to a local mobile repair shop and ask them if they have the ribbon for your mobile phone, normally, they will also repair it but at some minimum cost that you will have to bear.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

hmmm

I have put the phone back together so it can be used (just no keyboard) and it is not showing anything on the screen. totally dead.

Either the digitiser I replaced is faulty or the video doesnt work if there is no keyboard plugged in or there is something else damaged??

totally confused now.

hmmm

I have put the phone back together so it can be used (just no keyboard) and it is not showing anything on the screen. totally dead.

Either the digitiser I replaced is faulty or the video doesnt work if there is no keyboard plugged in or there is something else damaged??

totally confused now.
    I think that there is something wrong with the digitiser better get it repaired from the service center.

If I could get a tech or someone to give me a positive direction that the phone will not work without the keyboard plugged in, I would have a better idea of what the problem may be.

To take it to a service centre would cost hundreds of dollars and that is why I have done it myself to avoid this charge.

Rather than pay hundreds of dollars to get this phone fixed I will buy another one.