Thread: Xperia Ray Bluetooth driver for Windows 7

Xperia Ray Bluetooth driver for Windows 7

I have got a Xperia ray. Now I am looking for an app which should be capable to use bluetooth and PC. I have installed Windows 7 in my computer. Both Xperia Ray and PC can pair but Windows 7 asking for the drivers to install which I couldn’t found yet. So far I have tried several things. Tries BlueTerm and Bluetooth File Transfer but both wont connect at all. The Xperia is running Android 2.3.4 version! What can I do now?

Re: Xperia Ray Bluetooth driver for Windows 7

As far as I know that there is no way you can connect the Xperia phones to PC Companion using Bluetooth. It is not possible. There are no Bluetooth drives available for particular SE phones. The actual thing is all SE phones use Bluetooth standard drivers. Try those, it may help you.

Hacking of bluetooth stack in android is already known but you should not mess with that. This is because the new updates regularly include changes to the "driver" which affect 2g/3g/wifi/bluetooth simultaneously. I don’t know for what purpose you are trying do. Do you want to tether or something? You can do it with portable wifi hotspot app. If you want to do fine transfer, you can do it with wifi-sync programs or USB mainly. These phones are limited with the PC access and you cannot do something more on it without proper tools and apps.

So it might not be on the USB stick? Because when I connect the Windows vista laptop with the Xperia Ray, which also has an internal Bluetooth transmitter, everything works fine the way I want. So one might infer an incompatibility of Xperia Ray with the Windows 7, or should I still prefer to try a second Bluetooth dongle?

My Bluetooth driver is installed; this is it for my dell -> Intel Centrino (R) Wireless Bluetooth (R) 3.0 + High Speed Adapter. When I connect my mobile, it is detected but requires downloading a driver to work properly and be able to connect to my PC. This is when looking driver that does not work; windows update does not find any driver...

That depends on your Bluetooth receiver. Many Bluetooth devices have a very rudimentary Windows 7 support, but only with the right drivers can make you more. You should also find out what chipset your device has Bluetooth - or you download the driver directly from the manufacturer.

I have got this Bluetooth USB adapter:
    This is a very small and fast Micro Bluetooth USB adapter makes your PC or notebook ready for Bluetooth. With the Bluetooth adapter, you can then exchange data wirelessly between your Bluetooth enabled Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray, and your PC. Especially many older PCs do not have a Bluetooth interface. Here is the small USB adapter is useful for connections between your PC and make wireless. This handy USB Bluetooth adapter is ideal for transferring images, MP3, software, etc. without a cable directly to your PC or on the phone. It is connected via the USB port of your PC.