Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Didn't receive notification for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray 4.0.2.A.0.62 update

Portable Devices

Old 11-03-2012

Didn't receive notification for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray 4.0.2.A.0.62 update

I think that there is a problem in my Xperia Ray. During the first update, I got the notification on the phone telling me that there is a new update. But now at this 4.0.2.A.0.62 update, I didn?t get any kind of notification on the phone. When I search for the firmware update, my phone prompts me that it is running most recent version. For that reason I have connected my phone to the computer which I have installed the PC companion. There it detected the new update, 4.0.2.A.0.62, from 4.0.2.A.0.42. So I think that it is a phone problem. But I cannot do the update. It shows me an error.

Old 11-03-2012

Re: Didn't receive notification for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray 4.0.2.A.0.62 update

Actually it depends on the type of firmware and your operator. For some operators do not offer certain updates OTA (over the phone directly).
Old 11-03-2012

Re: Didn't receive notification for Sony Ericsson Xperia ray 4.0.2.A.0.62 update

I'm new to this and I tried different procedures for updating without success.
  • Xperia phone 4.0.2.A.0.42 Ray
  • Computer: Windows XP Pro (USD) SP3 with latest update
  • Latest version of PC Companion and the latest version of "Update Service"
Each time, after connecting my laptop to the pc via the Sony Ericsson PC Companion 2.0 (or Update service) and when the "update" begins, my phone AND pc lock. Impossible to do something. You have to restart my pc (completely blocked) and my laptop.
Old 11-03-2012

I am also trying to update my phone to the new version. I am trying to do this from the past several hours. The PC companion center has begun ?to "update the phone software Updating your phone? But the loading bar stays below 45. Even if I just press "enter" and press the side "Reboot your phone, the software will be updated" will happen when my cell phone turn on absolutely nothing.
Old 11-03-2012

If there are super-user generally indicates a phone rooted. There are alternatives to be 4.0.2.A.0.62. Root phone with that has an alternative ROM. The simplest is a software wotanserver (Wotanclient). Wotanclient is a complete update , then uses titanium in advance. Otherwise, use Flashtool after downloading the firmware of your choice if you want to lose anything (Warning if you have a custom ROM, some are not compatible with some firmware).

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , , , ,