Thread: Voyager Pro Ear Gel fails to offer complete noise cancellation

Voyager Pro Ear Gel fails to offer complete noise cancellation

I am a using this voyager Bluetooth headset from last 1 year, and recently last week I switched on to voyager Pro from voyager 855. First of all I would really like to express my disappointment with the change of in-ear gels to on-ear. Now the thing is that the ear gel used in voyager pro somehow fails to provide complete noise isolation, I mean say that whenever suppose I am talking to any person on the other side hear my voice clearly and smoothly whereas here the person who is wearing that headset suffers a lot with the hearing.

If I am wearing the headset I can barely hear the complete conversation due to high ambient noise. Can anyone provide me with a solution to eliminate this external unwanted noise?

Re: Voyager Pro Ear Gel fails to offer complete noise cancellation

This is very much annoying that such a huge brand Bluetooth headphone fails to provide a crystal clear noise eliminating the external noise. I have already read the same issue all the way in most of the threads present on web with almost no solution. Why it’s being so worst with each of its upgraded version, I believe that earlier voyager headphones were truly amazing and satisfying but now they have just messed up with headphone in the name of improvement.

Let me tell you that the final in-ear gels somehow now is available almost everywhere in mini and micro headphone design which is however offers excellent noise elimination allowing the person who is wearing it to use the volume control in order to set the audio level instead of increasing the maximizing the volume to the fullest matching with the road or external noise.

The only solution which seems to be perfect according to me to simply make a twist fit pillar for the voyager Pro that would probably accept the in-ear gels used within the range. This pillar should be however offered as a separate gadget or accessory that would be purchased for the people who really want excellent mechanism isolation. Hope the product designer read this thread and somehow consider this idea and implement it if they really do care for their customers.

I am having this voyager pro plus. I actually bought it last week believing that I would long last for at least next year. Earlier I had voyager 510 and the most annoying thing was that within the 1st month of its usage the soft movable rubber which was attached to the ear plug slowly started disintegrated and ultimately it lost complete contact with the headset and later on disappeared. Hoping that this pro plus do show the same symptoms and dismantle the soft ear gel or the rubber from the headset, if such thing happens then definitely this will be my last purchase of voyager.

I completely do agree with the fact that the in-ear bud should definitely be developed, rest everything is far more awesome and better than compared to any other brand’s headset.

The designers and the manufacturers must feel ashamed and disappointed with the fact that their own product is now lying in my car unused and as it is from the time I bought it, I just can’t use it due to its multiple annoying issues.

I once had a conversation with the Plantronics representative and what he said was that they are right now in a mode of testing the ear pieces on their wall of ears for the widest range of fit. And they also promised that with the new innovation they will somehow convince and satisfy at least 80% of their customers, which is quite good enough. Let’s see with what does they come up, the ultimate thing is that it should however satisfy their customers and nothing else.

I am sure they are going to play around with their customers this time too. If they come up with some new idea and if they implement it on their product then definitely they are also going to increase the price simultaneously with the development. I personally feel that the issue could be solved but only if I somehow able to make the Plantronics Discovery ear plug attach the Voyager.

I seriously do not understand why exactly Plantronics don’t get settle with the universal bayonet attachment approach and then provide us the multiple range and variety of ear pieces which the already have.