Thread: Xperia ray latest firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 disables auto-sync

Xperia ray latest firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 disables auto-sync

Recently I have installed the latest OTA update for the Xperia Ray. Now the phone turns of auto-sync for all accounts without prompting. I noticed this today when no message received in my phone. I usually use flight mode when I am meeting or something. Before the update I had a power saving app. When turning it off and on, the phone does not able to restore the auto-sync setting and it kept off every time. For that reason I removed Power Save app. I don’t think now the issue is related to the same. Is there anything I can do to resolve the problem?

Re: Xperia ray latest firmware 4.0.2.A.0.62 disables auto-sync

As far as I know that if your switch the phone to flight mode, it will obviously going to turn off all kind of communication on your phone but when you switch back, every settings turns back to normal mode and nothing will be affected. Everything will be same as it is. So now I think that the issue is only due to the third party app installed in your case. You should try removing it. Also I don’t know about the default setting in the phone.

You can however specify in the settings, which should be synchronized. If you are under Settings -> Data Synchronization - go> Google Sync, and then activate auto-sync, but you can specify below what should be synchronize: Google Calendar or Contacts (or both). This just had to remove the hook set.

It seems to me that the new update has added some power saving features on your Xperia Ray. So due to this, auto sync features getting turned off when the battery level decreases. I think so. But you should check for any third party power saving app or something similar app installed on your mobile. If not, then it is actually the cause of new firmware update which has changed several settings in your phone without your concern. But I hope that there could be some settings provided to customize the auto-sync features according to your needs.

I don’t think so. The new update does not include any kind of power saving things. You have said that you often switch to flight mode. So at this time entire phone goes to offline. No communication will be available at that moment. When switching back from flight mode, all communication must get restored. Here you are stuck I think. All settings are not getting restored. I don’t know if it is bug or whatever because there is no bug list appeared yet.

Did you try repairing the Xperia Ray? I think that repairing the phone will surely going to fix the problem. You can repair your phone by using the PC companion. Connect your phone to the computer and launch PC companion. When detected, look for Repair option. Otherwise you should do Hard reset of the phone.