Thread: HTC android phones “cannot open this type of file”, when open iPhone movies

HTC android phones “cannot open this type of file”, when open iPhone movies

Hi, I am using an HTC smartphone. Yesterday noticed an unusual thing, I actually sent a short movie created by iphone on to my HTC android phone via mail. Btu then when I opened the attachment, the movie was unable to open. In fact it showed me an error message saying that “cannot open this type of file”.

I tried other player too but still the error is the same. Please help me.

Re: HTC android phones “cannot open this type of file”, when open iPhone movies

If possible just let me know the format of video file which you are trying to play in your HTC phone. Also in general I would like to suggest you Act1 video player to try out in your phone. Its an android app so you can easily get it from the market.

The reason I suggested this app is because this player is one of the most full-featured video player which is available for the android devices. You can easily get the trial version for free. And if you really want the full paid version then you can get it for $2.79.

You can go for Mobo video player. Its free of cost and also it is able to play almost all formats of video. The best part of this player is that you can watch any videos on your phone anytime, anywhere without any prior conversation.

The following are the list of the formats which this player is able to easily play on it, popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA. Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others. Also there are many features available in this player but I guess for you now the only required thing is the support format.

The following are the list of the formats which this player is able to easily play on it, popular subtitle formats such as SRT, ASS, and SAA. Subtitles built in MKV, MPV, MOV, and others. Also there are many features available in this player but I guess for you now the only required thing is the support format.
    Do you mean that the Mobo Player is able to play MOV format of video? If yes then how it could be possible as the video I am trying to play is of exact same format. There must be something wrong with the video I transferred from the iphone I guess.

Yes the iphone video is of format MOV, and for your kind information I have already tried both the players i.e. Act1 player and the Mobo player till now and both of them failed to play that video. When I tried to play the video using the Act1 player as usual I got the error message but this time the message was in bit modified form, it said “sorry we cannot handle it this file”.

Better why don’t you try to convert the actual video file in some of the other format? I normally use a media coder, actually I am using it from last one year. Generally I use it to convert the House episodes into a readable format for my Palm Centro.

The Media Coder is a superb and powerful fee open source for the file conversation, it’s actually a multimedia converter.

What is the file format for generic iPhone vids?
    They call me the wizard or transformation