Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray FaceBook apps takes up phone memory

Sony Ericsson Xperia ray FaceBook apps takes up phone memory

hi guys

I need help here . I have this face book application with is synced to my Sony Ericsson Xperia ray phone and I feel that the my phone memory is being reduced as I see this for a few weeks. But I didn’t installed any application . I did the factory reset and was surprised that there is a larger amount of free memory on my handset, i have not synced my handset at the moment for the reason that i actually don’t make out if FaceBook integration in fact taking up the internal memory. Is I there anyone here can suggest me anything on this I will be really appreciating this

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray FaceBook apps takes up phone memory

Well even I have noticed this low internal memory issue on my Sony Ericsson Xperia ray I even I am using the FaceBook integration from a month ago . and if I am not worn then this is because of the cache . so I did the cleaning out the cache and that actually works for me. All you need to do is

• Menu
    • Setting
    • Application
    • Manage applications Tap on all
    • After that choose any application and clear cache.

hope this help

This means that on the whole i need to clean the entire the cache of my present applications installed on the phone ? And what will occur if i clean the cache aside from getting my internal memory back? Will it have harmful effects on the application and to my Sony Ericsson Xperia ray?

No it will not effects your application and to your phone . and for your convenient there's application named in app2sd in market which do the s the cache cleaning plus also you be able to also make use of that application to easily transfer of the application from phone internal memory to SD memory card… Xperia Ray has inbuilt feature as well to move any app other than inbuilt app to SD card

So I have took you suggestion and cleared the catch on the phone and I have not synced the FaceBook application bit there is something that still taking up my phone memory.. 2mb and as I already said I did not install any application , nor lay any application on my phone memory. what appear to be taking up all the memory? every caches are cleared.

That seems to be odd did you tried the apps2sd application for t the market all I suggest you to use that apps and just restart your handset and see if the memory once more does it helpful

Well the application that you have suggested that can that moves apps to SD , I did not tried as Sony Ericsson Xperia ray contain the a built in app similar to that.. i just used that application and then rebooting the handset and still did not get the memory back.. if this carry on, there will be a smaller amount memory for my handset and I don’t even make out what is causing this problem ……………… please help

That fact that even if you don’t even installed any new applications, the application that already in the phone can store the data on the handset and this will put in up eventually. It is importance that you keep clearing the cache on the majority of your applications, mainly any web based ones every now and then

Hey can you tell me that are you syncing your gmail or emails? And if yes then how offend are you syncing and what folder are you syncing