Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray Battery drain quickly

Sony Ericsson Xperia ray Battery drain quickly

I just recently bought this phone and after a while I realize that the phone has the battery draining issue . I am charging up to 100% also batter and its just go to the 0% rapidly within the 6 hour even in the mode . is there any one here can help me to find the solution to this I will be really appreciate .

Thanks In advance

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray Battery drain quickly

I use my handset for a some texting/MMS, updating Twitter and FaceBook, searching/downloading apps, some of web browsing plus usually searching Via the settings and configuration as a tool to help me in answer questions . As I like to confirmed I do not have data enable, I just use wifi set to sleep while the display is off.

If you are using it for just handset type functions so you have turned off your data connection as this is the stuff that reduce battery fastest . The other stuff that I know are having Bluetooth on every time, maybe GPS and as well the brightness of the display. My RAY with no data connection last 2-3 days just using Wi-Fi at residence for downloading and updating FaceBook and the twitter. The last thing I might ask is what application s do you have installed? I had two different battery monitors that reduce my handset when all I was doing is to preserve it!

Hope some of it helps!

Try the it will definitely help you worked for me

1. Allow my handset battery drain completely.
    2. Take off my battery and leave for a few of minutes.
    3. Reset it back then recharged the phone full

This has solved my battery issue and latter charging it for an hour, it stays for about 2.5 days. And yes, I shut down my phone when I go to sleep and turn it on once I get up. I am glad the phone works

Hope this helps

Look as if this is the hardware fault in the phone causing this issue . I suggest you that you called the shop then replaced the handset for a fresh one. It is some time possibnke that it might be the phone causing

I've just started charging my handset by the USB cable and connecting to my computer. It does take considerably longer to get a full charge but i have noticed that it has almost doubled the length of my battery life.

It's not ideal if you're in a hurry but well worth it if you have the time.

Not certain if you have installed an app killer. I have seen that new updates have have intended that there are plenty more apps running in the background than there where prior to however have not notice a massive drop in my battery life.

As you write yourself - the display use a lot of the battery capacitet - so put it in a low mode or use automatic controll.

1. Avoid using the live wallpaper
    2. Avoid using the application and allow it be in on-mode if you do not utilize them. That Data, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth etc. make use of control for that for simple handling put widget for every application.
    3. Avoid using the automatic sync for the application like FaceBook, Google, e-mail and utilize Manuel handling if essential and avoid using the background data if you can be without it.
    4. Always charge the battery completely and don’t let it use up to 0% !! I believe you need to charge the battery 4-5 times in total to have the full ability after you have get your cell-phone.

The problem is that the battery in my phone has been draining at an disturbing rate as from the recent update yet overnight while the handset is not in use and almost the whole thing is not active . and this is what I do to solve the issue turning the network to "manual" however sadly it didn't made any change at all.

I have the similar problem as the people here have . tried everything that is mention here but all I can see is the marginal improvement of the battery I think that the marginal progress won’t help can anyone here provide with the really solution ?

I am at the moment trying few suggestion will let you know if these help

Follow this may be this will help you on reducing the battery usage
    1. Reduce the brightness of the screen by dimming the screen
    2. Keep 3G off if not required
    3. Turn off the data traffic if not required
    4. Turn off the Bluetooth if not required
    5. Turn off the Wi-Fi if not required

This will defiantly will help you to improve the battery performance

Hi

I've noticed that the battery drains extremely quickly when BTOpenZone and BTFon come into play. Is there any way to disable them?

I've noticed that the battery drains extremely quickly when BTOpenZone and BTFon come into play. Is there any way to disable them?
    You can follow thew below steps for turning off the BT Openzone & BT Wi-Fi:
    • First Open your browser and then go to btbusinesshub site for opening the Hub Manager.
    • After that Select Settings and then enter the admin password when you are prompted for the same and then click OK. You might have to set a new password for the first time, so make just do the same as well.
    • When you are done with the same then Select Advanced Settings and then proceed with Advanced Settings by Selecting Broadband as well as BT Openzone & BT Wi-Fi and then Click on Disable and you are done.

Exclamation Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia ray Battery drain quickly

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone ever encountered the following:

After a while my Xperia Ray gives a warning of 1% or less battery capacity and that the phone is shutting down, even if the phone ifself says there still is 64% left.

The phone shuts down and restarting it is not possible for the battery capacity is 0%. If, however, I hook it up to the charger and restart the phone the display says 65 or 66% and charging...

The only reply I got from Sony: "Send it to us so we can have a look at it, something I find unexceptable for the phone is only 5 months old.

My provider checked the software, updated whatever they could and it all was as designed. So they gave me a new battery, which for a week I could get to 22%, even 14% capacity without shutdowns.

But - you guessed it - now the same problem is starting again. Eventhough I don't use my phone that much and get a decent 22 to 24 hours without charging I can not trust the phone. But apparently no one else ever had this problem...

Maybe anyone here heard from it and knows what I could do (besides sending it to Sony)? Thanks very much!

Marcel