Thread: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia ray to PC via Bluetooth

Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia ray to PC via Bluetooth

hi guys

just bought this phone, really very awesome phone I must say liked the feature and spec but there is a issue that I need help with form you guys . I am trying to connect the phone to the pc with the Bluetooth. My pc don’t have the inbuilt Bluetooth it has the USB Bluetooth dongle . now I am able to pair the phone with the PC but it si not connecting to the pc . it shows paired but not connected and pc shows device driver was not successfully installed. So is there anyone here can assist me about ,what driver do I need to install on my PC. I will be really appreciate if any one here help ‘

thanks

Re: Unable to connect Sony Ericsson Xperia ray to PC via Bluetooth

If I am not wrong you will be getting the option for installing the driver automatically, when you connect the phone to the pc choose that it will automatically select the required driver from the internet and install it on the computer .

That is the problem , whenever I try to connect the phone to the pc the Bluetooth device fail to update the driver and if I search the driver manually from the microsoft compatibility center it is for some cause not supported but the phone

Download drivers from the manufacturer's website , always good to have the last, not using the CD . Install the drivers, connect the adapter, and go. now double-click the Bluetooth icon in the Control Panel and activate the Bluetooth devices that you want to "find". The program will then search for devices and finds them. Otherwise, best to check the manual for each accessory and see how to set it to "findable".

As far as I know there is no special driver for connecting the phone to the pc as I guess that the phone is not supporting the required Bluetooth profile that needed for phone to connect so in simple word you will not able to connect the phone to the computer with the Bluetooth. The only option that I can see you use is the use USB or Wi-Fi if possible.

That ridiculous man . Now the Sony Ericsson Xperia ray has the blue tooth connection and I can able to turn on and off the Bluetooth from the advanced settings. Theis also a guide that help to connect the phone to the pc. That's involve lot of work from SE if it's not planned to work!

Ok you are getting me wrong here let me explain you again. The phone don’t have the Bluetooth profile need to connect it to a pc . and you will be see this information while trying to connect your handset through Bluetooth in computer . you can still use the Bluetooth for other stuff in the phone. Hope you understand.

Yeah this is right . you can use the Bluetooth in Xperia ray for connect other thing like the headset or perhaps transferring files. As far as the bluetooh device all the phone including your phone uses the standard drivers for Bluetooth that is most offend included to the Bluetooth stack/adapter in the pc . since you have to update it in that case