Thread: HP Mini 210-1085 Netbook shows connected to internet yet its unable to go online

HP Mini 210-1085 Netbook shows connected to internet yet its unable to go online

hi guy s

I need help on this issue that I am facing on my netbook , it’s so weird that its connected to the internet , the status show its connected but then when I am trying to go online it won’t let me. I would like to tell you that I am not that comfortable with technical stuff so I am not able to solve it by my own . I looked every where but there is nothing that can solve this issue. Is there anyone here can help me on this , its been 3 days and I am unable to use this netbook , I will be really appreciating if anyone help

Thanks in advance

Re: HP Mini 210-1085 Netbook shows connected to internet yet its unable to go online

That is really odd after been netbook showing connected to the internet it’s not let you use it. May be you should try the basic solution do as following

1. First shutdown the netbook
    2. Then start it again and start hitting F8 key
    3. This will take you to the Windows Recovery Console
    4. Use the arrow and select the 'Safe Mode with Networking option
    5. Hit enter

Now allow the computer to load completely and now you see if you able to connect to the internet and remember only try to open the safe site like techarena.in or anyother site that you now because in the safe mode your security software will not be running. And to exit the safe mode just restart the machine in the usual way . just post a reply of wht happen

Re: HP Mini 210-1085 Netbook shows connected to internet yet its unable to go online

Quote Originally Posted by robot.txt View Post
    That is really odd after been netbook showing connected to the internet it’s not let you use it. May be you should try the basic solution do as following

1. First shutdown the netbook
    2. Then start it again and start hitting F8 key
    3. This will take you to the Windows Recovery Console
    4. Use the arrow and select the 'Safe Mode with Networking option
    5. Hit enter

Now allow the computer to load completely and now you see if you able to connect to the internet and remember only try to open the safe site like techarena.in or anyother site that you now because in the safe mode your security software will not be running. And to exit the safe mode just restart the machine in the usual way . just post a reply of wht happen
    I did as you have been advice but still not able to connected to the internet . my netbook is showing the 3 bars signal strength which in usual is very good although I am not able to open any website on my netbook . it was working fine when I was in the airport a few weeks ago , don’t know what just gone wrong with it

I feel sorry for you let see if this is working , start the command prompt from the Start Menu - > All Programs - > open Accessories -> Command Prompt. Run it as administrator and put the following command one after another and press enter after each command Include spaces
    • ipconfig /flushdns
    • nbtstat -R
    • nbtstat -RR
    • netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt
    • netsh winsock reset
    • ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

after doing that now see if the connection is established. Hope this helps

I had the same problem with internet. First you need to identify the error that causing this problem. I am guess there might be something wrong with the Layered Service Providers on the Netbook . just download this file and save it on the computer and run it as administrator . if there is not any issue with the Layered Service Providers it will display the messenger in Green and if there is a problem then it will show another color, you just post back if there is an error

Thanks for the reply I really appreciated , I did all you asked me to do and it’s just showed me media is disconnected …… what is that can anyone here help me on this

Quote Originally Posted by Domitill View Post
    Thanks for the reply I really appreciated , I did all you asked me to do and it’s just showed me media is disconnected …… what is that can anyone here help me on this
    When did you get that message while checking the Layered Service Providers utility asn also tell me what operating system are you using that will help me to suggest some solution accordingly.

Thanks again , I am using the Vista OS on my Net book. This is really ridiculous I am still unable to connect to the internet , please help me on the just few weeks ago I was able to connect to the internet on Airport wifi but here in my home, I am not able to connect to the website yet it’s says connected.

Its looks like the problem is in the any antivirus suite that you are using that is restricting you to connected to the web page can you tell me if you are seeing any kind of message when you open the website. and also tell me what security software is installed on your notebook