Thread: Sealed battery, no sd card slot, micro-sim and capacitive buttons would be a setback for Sony Xperia S

Sealed battery, no sd card slot, micro-sim and capacitive buttons would be a setback for Sony Xperia S

These 4 things would be the biggest negative point of this phone. now don’t take this as a joke because it is not. This phone is having a sealed battery don’t know why the sony people have gone ahead with such a disaster idea. even after knowing that this is a android phone and it is going to consume a lot amount of battery. So no external battery to carry along with in case if the battery shows the sing of degrading. Plus it has a micro sim which would make it difficult for the existing users to continue with the same sim card they will have to search for a new microsim card. No external memory storage, internal memory is upto 32 gb that’s it no expandable memory at all. Plus it has a capacitive buttons which makes us really difficult to find them especially in the dark and the fear of accidentally getting touched is more.

Re: Sealed battery, no sd card slot, micro-sim and capacitive buttons would be a setback for Sony Xperia S

Yes Sony people did try hard to implement some features from the apple. Well can’t do anything about it. its now upon the people as if how do they look at that phone and will they accept this new features or not. So all these things depends upon them.

Re: Sealed battery, no sd card slot, micro-sim and capacitive buttons would be a setback for Sony Xperia S

Just to design a good back cover they have went ahead with that option. Don’t know why they did such that. So lets wait and see how does it turn out to be. Frankly speaking I don’t have any problem with the sealed battery as long as the battery of this phone is performing exceptionally well. if you look at nokia n8 then it also had a sealed battery but I didn’t see many people complaining about that. Even 32 GB is enough memory to have it in the phone, how much more do you want. Majority of the Smartphone’s today comes with a 32GB expandable memory. This phone has that same memory internally, I don’t understand what’s wrong in that.

Well to just design a good battery cover they have compromised in the micro sim and also the battery well that’s really disgusting/ really!!!

Well this a simple money making mechanism implemented by the sony people. Now as soon as the phone turns a bit old that would lead to a poor battery and hence it would be going to servicing and sony can charge us for that. The same rule is been implemented by the apple people as well but their products are avant grade they just don’t end up copying anybody else’s work. But sony has done that. I just hope that other features like connecting the phone to the tv system with the help of hdmi port is not restricted to the sony TVs.

idea Re: Sealed battery, no sd card slot, micro-sim and capacitive buttons would be a setback for Sony Xperia S

I just saw the internal structure of the sony ericsson k850 and was amazed with the design internally. Well I found out tht battery and the PCB were residing side by side also with the help of good materials magnesium alloy it would keep the body of the phone slim. Li-poly tech can help you to make very thin batteries which can be molded to various shapes.

Micro sim and capacitive buttons are not an issue for me at all. I am ok with them but the only issue is with the sealed battery. I don’t like that at all. God knows why they have kept that?

I did have a talk about this with the sony support staff and they said that they are going to take up this suggestion with the development team. Frankly speaking I don’t think so we would be reaping any benefits if we talk about the changes in this phone. since sony people cant do any changes in their designs as of now but yes definitely they can keep this suggestion in their mind and make sure that they don’t come up with such changes in their phones.

For me this is not a problem at all. You would be thinking that i am joking iover here but i am not. I am ok with the sealed battery as well as the micro sim and capacitive touch buttons. These days smartphone get adapted to the slim design and hence even the manufacturers are forced to make some changes in their design. So that's ok for me. I just loved this phone. Looks great, you beauty .