Thread: HP Pavilion g6 freezing and sometimes crashes

HP Pavilion g6 freezing and sometimes crashes

I have lost hope in getting my HP Pavilion g6-340US laptop repaired. Roaming around from last 2 month but not yet got even a single issue fixed. In fact the problems are coming up one after the other.

I am fed up of contacting the customer service hundreds of time in a day but the only thing I hear from them is that their team is working on these issues. Next month even my warranty is going to get expired, that means from next month I can’t even expect my system to be repaired by them with free of cost.

Re: HP Pavilion g6 freezing and sometimes crashes

The most common, famous and repeated issues with this g6 model is freezes, blue screens and crashes. If you check on web you can find out number of threads with the some of the above related issues with only in this g6 model. Just once visit the HP office forum site there you get the idea of number of HP customers facing the same repeated problem in their laptop.

I have already sold out my g6 laptop to someone else as I was unable to sort out the issue. HP has surely manufactured a defected product, and sold it out everywhere in the market without finding the fix for such problem.

I have already sold out my g6 laptop to someone else as I was unable to sort out the issue. HP has surely manufactured a defected product, and sold it out everywhere in the market without finding the fix for such problem.
    I do agree with you, even I must have returned or sold out my laptop at the time when I started facing the freezing issue during the initial stage. I took a wrong decision of solving the issue by myself and now I am in a big mess.
    After I faced the freezing problem what I did was, just tried the BIOS update believing that the update would somehow eliminate the problem. but guess what? I got stuck in the update, the system freeze in between the update too. Now the thing is that whenever I turn on the laptop only thing I can see is the HP logo that’s it, and nothing else happens after that. I can only see either the HP logo or else the blank screen.

I am not sure about others but my g62 355dx has a Samsung hard drive in it. The actual Samsung hard drive (HDD) tool didn’t help me at all but I could find a tool in the CD that easily allowed me to get the bad sectors present in my HDD. I was already having a doubt that my Samsung hard drive definitely has a bad sector so therefore I carried on with the following solution. What I did was:

• Selected HDD > Diagnosis > HDAT2 V 4.5.3
    • "No drivers" > hdat2
    • Select hard drive
    • Drive level test menu -> check and repair bad sectors

Better you try to run a hardware diagnostics:
    • When you boot the system
    • you will see the HP logo
    • Press the F2 key repeatedly
    • You will probably get the diagnostics
    • Run all

Fortunately till now I do not had any freezing issue, but other than this my system keeps on crashing frequently after every interval. The first time when it crashed it immediately applied for a replacement and got a brand new another replaced product.

But guess what? The replaced laptop worked perfectly, just for next 10 days. I tried a memory and hard drive check, results were positive, updated the drivers and software with the latest version. Once also tried to install the updates but then the screen went blank and said that no ATI driver is installed. I am scared to do anything now, as each time I did something and every time I ended up getting into some kind of mess. As I have don’t lot of research and investigation with this system now I have decided that I will somehow try to fix the issue and not replace it. Please help me out in resolving the problem.

Try out the one which I am suggesting:
    • Go to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
    • From there compress all the files in one
    • Upload the compressed file on any server
    • And then paste the link for it
    Once done let me know, I will somehow check out the files and let you know what exactly is cause the issue. Please co-operate with me, I will definitely help you out in letting you know the exact cause of the problem.

Make sure that you save the necessary files and after doing so do a clean reinstall of your windows OS from the recovery disk. Also register and download the HP support programs but don’t forget to disable the automatic windows 7 updates.

As according to my experience everything should work perfectly fine. Let me tell you that always the first two updates results in freezing and hanging after some time. If you feel like installing the updates better you first create a restore point and then choose the 3rd windows 7 update options which is meant to be inform you before installing.

Install the update 1 or 2 one at a time and then see to it that you do face the hanging crashing issue again. If at any point you feel so then surely you can always revert to the restore point that you created.