Thread: HP mini 110-3500 notebook running too slow

HP mini 110-3500 notebook running too slow

I purchased a new HP mini 110-3500 notebook few days ago. But looking at its performance no one would say that it’s new. It’s really behaving like a second hand product. I purchased it at a very minimum price but at least it should run properly with some decency.

I am not bother about the system’s software and applications, as I am only concerned about running internet on it. But unfortunately even the net is not working properly. I am fed up with this product. Any advice from any one?

Re: HP mini 110-3500 notebook running too slow

I am not well aware about this machine, as I have never used it. But then too hearing about this issue I could only say that it seems to be very common problem which could have probably any reason depending upon the symptoms. So can you please be very much clear with you issue, I mean, can you let me know the in what all functional areas you are finding your system very slow. And if possible also let me know the system configuration of this notebook.

Probably the slow system functioning is mostly caused due to Ram or some other hardware.

As I said I could only see that my system is working too slowly and due to which I am unable to access anything present in the notebook. But I am only concerned with internet but the browser is also too slow. If knowing about my configuration can help me getting any solution then sure I will let you know the specs:
    • Operating system – Windows 7 32bit OS
    • Processor - Intel Atom CPU N455@1.66ghz
    • Ram - 1 GB DDR3 (1 x 1024 MB)
    • Internal drive - 250 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm

I guess I can help you out; even I have this same model. And unfortunately even I was facing the same issue. But then upgrading the System Memory Ram helped me a bit. Once you upgrade you Ram to 2 GB definitely you will find bit progress in the performance but I must say that you shouldn’t expect too much. Just try it out.

It looks like the built in Hard disk must be facing the bottleneck and then getting combined with the intel Atom CPU which in actually not a high end CPU, due to this you are getting such an below average performance.

For your kind information let me tell you that even the slowest SSD is faster and also gives a better performance as compared to the HDD. I guess once you replace the HDD with a SDD would help you a lot.

• Operating system – Windows 7 32bit OS
    • Processor - Intel Atom CPU N455@1.66ghz
    • Ram - 1 GB DDR3 (1 x 1024 MB)
    • Internal drive - 250 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive 7200 rpm
    My friend I must tell you that the thing which you are calling as an issue is actually already present in this low cost notebook from the time it is manufactured. Do you know that the processor which is present in this system i.e. - Intel Atom CPU is not at a good one. You must have looked into the system configurations thoroughly before going for this notebook.

I could only say that you have invested your money in a wrong product. Probably you should have waited for few more time and went for some other better advanced notebook. Or else you should have consulted some experienced person.

For your kind information let me tell you that even the slowest SSD is faster and also gives a better performance as compared to the HDD. I guess once you replace the HDD with a SDD would help you a lot.
    I appreciate your suggestion, and I do agree that replacing the HDD with SDD would certainly help the user getting a better performance. But I think such suggestion should not be implemented in a brand new laptop or any product. Upgrading a Ram or replacing a HDD is not a solution; it’s actually modifying your system which is not acceptable. If we do such things then what’s the use of getting a new product of such know brand. I believe that whoever facing any kind of issue should complain the service center or else return the system.

I am really very much upset and disappointed with HP. How come they have ended up making such a cheap useless product. They are literally selling out a good for nothing kind of product.

Yesterday I bought this mini notebook and then at night I kept the windows on for the updates. Guess what? After some 1 hour when I checked the system, it was only completed with 1 update, let me tell you that all in all there were only 6 update. later on I kept the system on for whole night and then in the morning when I again checked, it got only 3 updates. It took almost 7 hours for my system to install just 3 updates and still 3 were supposed to be installed. Its very much disgusting.

The first and the for most thing I would tell you is that please don’t try to judge your system’s performance with the windows update result. Everyone knows that it takes hours for almost all the system to configure or install windows update. So better you try out something else or let us know about other things which are showing the slow behavior in your system.

Any ways, if anyone having this notebook wanted to stay with it and also wanted to get a better performance then better you upgrade your Ram and replace your HDD with a SDD as mentioned above. This should help you out