Thread: How to unlock keyboard on HP Pavilion g7-1167dx

How to unlock keyboard on HP Pavilion g7-1167dx

Seems like there is some issue with the keyboard of my pavilion g7-1167dx notebook. Whenever I try to type through the keyboard I can’t type anything, I mean nothing is seen on the screen, the cursor keeps on blinking. I think somehow I am accidently hitting the function key or must be something like that. This laptop is new and I bought it few weeks ago. I am thinking to open up the keyboard and check out, but I am unaware how to unlock it.

Re: How to unlock keyboard on HP Pavilion g7-1167dx

Keyboard seems to be very much common with all the laptops. I have a Dell laptop; all the keys on my laptop’s keyboard are somehow messed up. I mean whenever I try to click some button, the other neighboring button is pressed.

It started all after once I dropped my laptop from some half feet. When consulted other people they said that the issue must be inside the keyboard which could be sorted out by opening it and placing the things properly. But now the problem is that I don’t have any idea about unlocking the system.

Now I am thinking to check out the user guide or manual for the some suggestion. For that I will have to check out the package and search for the manual. Hope so there will be complete steps for unlocking the keyboard.

Now I am thinking to check out the user guide or manual for the some suggestion. For that I will have to check out the package and search for the manual. Hope so there will be complete steps for unlocking the keyboard.
    The first thing is that usually you don’t get a manual with a computer or a laptop, for your kind information no company provide a physical manual with their products. But if you really wanted a manual for your notebook you could get it online from the official site of your brand. Different brands have different procedure to get the manual. So better you check out on web regarding any information about getting the manual for your product.

I too have HP Pavilion notebook from past 6 months. I am a regular HP user since 3 years, I have almost complete knowledge about HP terms and services. As already said above you do not get a physical manual with your product, but for HP I can help you out getting the manual on web. Here is the link for the HP manual: HP Manual