Thread: North America map is not available on drop down for America on TomTom Start 20

North America map is not available on drop down for America on TomTom Start 20

I was trying to purchase and download North America map on my Tomtom device. However when I am trying to do that drop down for America is displaying South American countries. Are you having any idea about the same? FYI I am using Start20.

re: North America map is not available on drop down for America for TomTom Start 20

I am suspecting that you have set your country as UK and if I am correct do reply as early as possible.

re: North America map is not available on drop down for America for TomTom Start 20

Yes you are right. I have set UK as my Country. In the drop down I am able to get Argentina, Brazil, Chile, French Antilles, French Guiana and Mexico options only.

MaDonatien Guest

I don’t know whether the thing which I am going to mentioned below would work but you can give a try to it. I simply deselected Start20 from the my device and selected another device randomly. After that again I selected Start20 and it worked for me flawlessly.

Could be there is an issue with the size of the device? I mean size of the map is supposed to exceeding the memory size of the device. As far as I know the total size of the map is around 2400Mb and capacity of the device is 1850Mb. That’s why you are not able to get the map on your device. hence I concluded that TomTom should not sell the device which is not having capacity to store map of certain countries.

Re: North America map is not available on drop down for America on TomTom Start 20

I totally agree with you. however this particular device is having support for SD card slot. You can use it to store some extra maps on the device. but they are not having any maps which can be compatible with SD card.