Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012

hpnetworkcommunicator.exe running continuously

I found that the hpnetworkcommunicator.exe is keep on running all the times and because of that only the thinking icon with the mouse keeps on flicking. This is really very annoying to see that all the times. When I saw the task manager then I found that there was hpnetworkcommunicator.exe. Can you tell that why this is for and if there is some way for disabling it? Please help me.
Old 06-03-2012

Re: hpnetworkcommunicator.exe running continuously

There is one temporary solution for this which you can try in this case. All you have to do is, rename the following:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPNetworkCommunicator.exe
Or
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 3070 B611 series\Bin\HPNetworkCommunicator.exe

Rename this as something else like TempHPNetworkCommunicator.exe from HPNetworkCommunicator.exe. See if this solves the problem for you or not.
Old 06-03-2012

The service you mention is a service that is installed with the HP. Normally the team makes use of it when required printer information, for example see the ink levels, access to the fax. I think your issue is because the installation did not complete successfully, so I would recommend installing with the driver again.
Old 06-03-2012

There is another possibility and that is the service will not find added in Firewall exceptions. If you use a Firewall then Windows Firewall can add the service as follows:
For Windows XP / Vista:
  1. Start / Control Panel
  2. Go to Windows Firewall / Exceptions / Add a Program
  3. Add a Program window will appear with a Browse button. Click on it.
  4. You'll have to find the following path: C: / Program Files / Deskjet 3050th / bin / HPNetworkComunicator
For Windows 7:
  1. Start / Control Panel
  2. Go to Security
  3. Windows Firewall / Allow a program passes the Windows Firewall / Allow another program.
  4. You'll have to find the following path: C: / Program Files / Deskjet 3050th / bin / HPNetworkComunicator
  5. If you are not solved anything let me know and I will comment if there is anything else I can find about it.
Old 06-03-2012

If you want then you will be able to disable that from the service manager. I think that it is set as the automatic mode. For this , you will just have to right click on the Explorer / / Manage / / Services. You will find that they are arranged alphabetically. Just double click on that a nd you will be able to enable or disable this.
Old 06-03-2012

Just disable the scan activation with the below steps.
  1. First open the HP software from the desktop icon.
  2. Go to the Heading Scanner Actions and from there click on the link that says ?Manage Scan to Computer?.
  3. From there, just disable the activation as well as uncheck the box for automatically restart after logging in.
Old 07-03-2012

Just check that if you have set that as the startup process or not. If you have set that as the startup process then it is obvious that you will get that in the task manager. Just remove that from the startup program list and you will be out of the issue.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , ,