Thread: HP Pavilion HDX16 very slow while on running on Battery

HP Pavilion HDX16 very slow while on running on Battery

Hello friends, using the HP HDX16 HDX16T 1200 CTO and getting the problem with it, whenever I am plugging it to AC power then it running very much fine, as I remove from the plug then it works fine for some time then after it works very much slower. So I plug it back to AC power then it is working as normal as it should work. I think that there is something problem with the new BIOS upgrade which I have done it recently. Not sure that what is the problem, anyone of you has got the problem and is there any solution to solve it, and then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: HP Pavilion HDX16 very slow while on running on Battery

Also having the same problem but having it with the HP Pavilion dv6-1030us, I am not able to find out the reason for it till now. When unplug it from AC power then it becomes extremely slow and it has happened after the bios update of the system.

I think that the BIOS update is the root cause, if it is possible to get the older bios then it will be really nice for you and also it might solve it. I have also seen with my laptop and it was not there with older BIOS on it, it is been really tough to use the laptop without plug it to AC power. Also seen that the problem is been occurring in the fresh Windows 7 and Vista not in Windows XP one. If there is not solution then best solution is that to install windows XP on it, which will not create the problem for us to use it.

I would also suggest that downgrade flash of the system BIOS to the F.31 A version which is the September 2009 released one. I do not think why it giving problem to other not to me, I am also using it and not face a single problem due to the bios update. Let me tell you that I mostly do suggest for the downgrade their BIOS as it is very dangerous and it will huge risk during it which might break your system also. If you are having the fan always does not seems to be the solution and it will be cause of reducing the battery life.

I think that you should call up the HP customer care and the issue is been occur after the BIOS update of the system, so it will be nice that they provide with the solution to you and also to others. Downgrade the BIOS is not easy thing to do it and also not the safe, not make your system worst just call them and ask for a solution to solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    I would also suggest that downgrade flash of the system BIOS to the F.31 A version which is the September 2009 released one. I do not think why it giving problem to other not to me, I am also using it and not face a single problem due to the bios update. Let me tell you that I mostly do suggest for the downgrade their BIOS as it is very dangerous and it will huge risk during it which might break your system also. If you are having the fan always does not seems to be the solution and it will be cause of reducing the battery life.
    I wanted to know that how did you get the older BIOS on to the system and is there any method to keep the fan always on; I was trying to figure it out but did not get it. Can you please tell me about it, thank you?

I have founded the solution for this problem, if you are having Windows 7 64-BIT then make sure that it in advanced power plan settings the Processor Power Management in that system cooling policy is been set as active for both, such that for AC power and Battery and it is been set active when the always on fan setting is been disabled in the BIOS.

If you are searching for the older BIOS then you go to the below link and get it done for you. Let me tell you that when I was doing with my system then I have messed up with the HDD of the system, so you also careful and do it, if trying to.
    HDX 16T 1200 CTO BIOS OPTIONS

I am getting the same problem from the December of 2009, so I have updates to the advanced power options to active, so that it will solve the problem but I think that it should not happen out of the box.